Simple training question
- 04-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Simple training question
Is there a difference if for example it's my chest and tri day and I do all my tri exercises then all my chest or vice versa or is it better to do one tri then one chest and so on?
- 04-15-2012, 05:33 PM
I always train compound exercises first. For example on my chest and tri day, my brother and I do flat bench, incline, decline, then I switch to dips and then iso's for both. Just my $0.02
04-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I do all my benchs first then tri pulldowns then incline and decline flys then skull crushers then dips for chest then dips for tris
04-15-2012, 06:04 PM
I feel like there is a science behind the theory of doing compounds first. I've heard or read somewhere, I just can't remember what exactly the science behind it was.
04-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Mainly just to not fatigue your accessory muscles before lifting main compound....doing the compound especially for strength you want to reserve most of your energy for it. Now body builders may superset or pre fatigue but most also use machines and isolations. They are going for complete hypotrophy.
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
This^^^^Originally Posted by themondtster
And as far as what u should do first/together. I think u should mix it up. Meaning, for a couple weeks do one first then the other, and for a couple weeks do a few exercises of chest then a few of tris, then back to chest and so on. That's what works best for me. No matter how u look at it your still working the muscle, primarily or secondary. So ur not exactly giving ur muscle(s) a break.
04-16-2012, 09:04 AM
04-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I have often wondered this also. I have been doing chest and bi's on the same day. Doing chest first for a while now. I may try doin bi's first to mix it up. When I did tris with chest in the past I usually went back and forth with each exercise.
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
chest and triceps should not be worked in the same day.
1) Chest workouts will work your triceps, causing fatigue and also stimulating growth. That fatigue will limit how much you can actually work the tricep directly
2) resting will allow your triceps to re-cooperate
3) having a separate day for triceps will allow you to essentially work your triceps twice (once when you do chest, and again 2-3 days later when you do triceps). also, your triceps will not be fatigued and you will therefore be able to work them harder and stimulate more growth.
MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
04-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Build muscle don't really care to much about strength even tho I'm currently on a cutOriginally Posted by Rodja
04-16-2012, 03:28 PM
04-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Soulpatch in forum AnabolicsReplies: 15Last Post: 07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
- By JMD199123 in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 3Last Post: 07-03-2011, 01:48 AM
- By booya123 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
- By ripped218 in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-05-2006, 04:41 PM