Diet plus HIIT

  1. New Member
    Xtweak05's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    3745
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Diet plus HIIT


    I've been dieting for over 3 weeks now and this past week just started incorporating HIIT into my regimen. Monday I weighed in at 199.4, since then I've put on 2lbs but do in fact look leaner.

    My question how in the world does one add HIIT, which does wonders for fat loss, and need I mention I also dropped my calories from 3000 to 2700 this week, but yet gain weight?
    I admit I'm a number whore. I weigh myself every day and I really need to stop. It plays a toll on me mentally, so I'd be doing myself a favor for sure.

  2. Senior Member
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    103039
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    38.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Ib would do hiit 3 days a week and liss 2 days a week. If you lift do cardio after you lift.
  3. New Member
    Xtweak05's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    3745
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494
    Ib would do hiit 3 days a week and liss 2 days a week. If you lift do cardio after you lift.
    I don't understand this entire response, sorry bro.

    FYI, I do HIIT 3 times a week and LISS 3 days a week. Always following my training.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    103039
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    38.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    i don't understand what you are asking then...
  5. New Member
    Xtweak05's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    3745
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494
    i don't understand what you are asking then...
    Lol

    How does one add HIIT yet gain weight the same week whilst reducing calories.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,163
    Rep Power
    261079
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    37.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtweak05 View Post
    I've been dieting for over 3 weeks now and this past week just started incorporating HIIT into my regimen. Monday I weighed in at 199.4, since then I've put on 2lbs but do in fact look leaner.

    My question how in the world does one add HIIT, which does wonders for fat loss, and need I mention I also dropped my calories from 3000 to 2700 this week, but yet gain weight?
    I admit I'm a number whore. I weigh myself every day and I really need to stop. It plays a toll on me mentally, so I'd be doing myself a favor for sure.
    If you're going to add in HIIT, I recommend three days a week with a day between sessions (i.e. Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday), on days alternate to resistance training days if you can (since it elicits the same kind of response as resistance training without the stress on your CNS).

    If you're dieting and you SIMULTANEOUSLY LOWER your calories even MORE and ADD in more training, then you're highly UNlikely to GAIN overall body mass.

    If you want to GAIN weight, then you need to either be a) recomping, using calorie cycling for lean mass gains (although this said, you could be slowly gaining muscle mass but losing bodyfat, so seeing no or little change, and sometimes DEcrease in overall body mass); or b) eating MORE than Maintenance and focusing solely on muscle gains.

    Also be aware that SCALE weight is IRrelevent (and you admit you need to stop looking at the scale every day) - if you look at your weight daily, remember that it constantly fluctuates, not just over the week, but throughout the DAY, and to "measure progress", use only the measurement taken on the same day each week, ideally seven days apart (i.e. every Saturday or Sunday, etc.). It's your BODY COMPOSITION that's important, since you can be losing bodyfat, but gaining muscle mass and seeing little or no change in scale weight, etc.

    If you simply want to gain overall body mass (i.e. weight), that's easy enough and you can do that through your nutrition, manipulating carbohydrate, water, and sodium intake - whilst it may be "lean body mass", it is NOT muscle mass gained though, so keep this is mind.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297849
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    42.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    If you're going to add in HIIT, I recommend three days a week with a day between sessions (i.e. Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday), on days alternate to resistance training days if you can (since it elicits the same kind of response as resistance training without the stress on your CNS).

    If you're dieting and you SIMULTANEOUSLY LOWER your calories even MORE and ADD in more training, then you're highly UNlikely to GAIN overall body mass.

    If you want to GAIN weight, then you need to either be a) recomping, using calorie cycling for lean mass gains (although this said, you could be slowly gaining muscle mass but losing bodyfat, so seeing no or little change, and sometimes DEcrease in overall body mass); or b) eating MORE than Maintenance and focusing solely on muscle gains.

    Also be aware that SCALE weight is IRrelevent (and you admit you need to stop looking at the scale every day) - if you look at your weight daily, remember that it constantly fluctuates, not just over the week, but throughout the DAY, and to "measure progress", use only the measurement taken on the same day each week, ideally seven days apart (i.e. every Saturday or Sunday, etc.). It's your BODY COMPOSITION that's important, since you can be losing bodyfat, but gaining muscle mass and seeing little or no change in scale weight, etc.

    If you simply want to gain overall body mass (i.e. weight), that's easy enough and you can do that through your nutrition, manipulating carbohydrate, water, and sodium intake - whilst it may be "lean body mass", it is NOT muscle mass gained though, so keep this is mind.

    ~Rosie~
    I could easily gain or lose 5-8 pounds in a week without changing the actual ratio of muscle to fat mass.

    Br
  8. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,163
    Rep Power
    261079
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    37.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I could easily gain or lose 5-8 pounds in a week without changing the actual ratio of muscle to fat mass.

    Br
    I never said you couldn't. Simply gaining scale weight through manipulating your nutrition (as I mentioned in my last paragraph) will do this^.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297849
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    42.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    I never said you couldn't. Simply gaining scale weight through manipulating your nutrition (as I mentioned in my last paragraph) will do this^.

    ~Rosie~
    I was lending support to your statement about how weight fluctuates based on mass in the intestines and water balance, the fluctuations are normal, and just giving an example.

    Br
  10. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33854
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    69.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Scale weight, as mentioned above, is irrelevant.

    I.E.: Carb up days for me. Usually pretty low carb diet, and have a carb up (usually between 30 - 150g of carbs during the week) where I ingest about 400g of carb. The following day I'm usually 5 - 10lbs heavier, and that weight will be gone within a day or two.

    There's also the fact of water weight, how much water you have been drinking, the timing of your weigh ins, hell, even alcoholic consumption; after a day of drinking I will be about 4lbs lighter due to dehydration.

    Focus more on body composition rather than what the scale says. Maybe utilize a tape to see your abs, arms, etc circumference, that will give you a better idea of where you're at.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  11. New Member
    Xtweak05's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    3745
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    I weigh myself at 1:30pm every Monday. I ended up losing it all and do in fact look leaner. I assume the culprit was water. I appreciate the feedback, and am going to stay away from the scale the entirety of this week.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. To HIIT or Not to HIIT?????
    By Rican4lfe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:04 AM
  2. HIIT
    By Parrrish in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 06:42 PM
  3. HIIT, Low Carb Diet, Whey, H.H. okay?
    By kcman1978 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 11:00 PM
  4. is it ok?(HIIT)
    By lightemup in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in