HELP ME PLEASE!

Speedyboy3

Speedyboy3

Awards
Hi. I want to get in shape and look good but I don't have the drive to. Any advice. Oh by the way I'm only a teen but any advice is helpful.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Develop the drive required to achieve your goals. Read and learn how to achieve your goals. Watch videos of those that have been where you want to go. Its all in your mind, control your thoughts.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
speedy, i am also a teen lifter. i found that what drives me is my phsycological need to be better than anyone in my grade. you need to set a goal, one that you spend all day working for and all night dreaming about. mine is getting a football offer from a d1 school. i live and breath for that thirty some pounds and .4 seconds off my forty

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
Write your goals down, more likely to be achievable when there is a written motive. Get a training partner! Make a schedule / planner. Get rid of distractions. Watch some Rocky lol

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
Develop the drive required to achieve your goals. Read and learn how to achieve your goals. Watch videos of those that have been where you want to go. Its all in your mind, control your thoughts.
^^ This right here! You have got to get over the mental hurdles. This is true with anything thing in life.

Whatever the mind can concieve, the mind can achieve.

goodfella

Awards
Decide what you want. Then pay the price to get it.

0ptimumfit

0ptimumfit

Awards
Film yourself, Speedy.
You'll find motivation- the camera dosen't lie.

aceroni

Awards
I'm not tryin to be a dick dude... But Motivation is something that comes from WITHIN YOU.
If there is something out there you want bad enough, you will do anything to get it.
whether that be waking up early before school to do your morning cardio, skipping out on chilling w/ friends to hit the weights, prepping food for one day for a whole week in advance..
quitting drinking to achieve your goals, quitting drugs to get the edge in the gym. whatever it be- you know there is something holding you back.
if you want to get in shape badly enough, you will do what it takes to get there brother.
the key is consistency. you're not gonna by zyzz after a month of training, hell, maybe not even after a year. quality muscle mass takes YEARS to build. day in and day out hitting the weights, day in and day out hitting your meals. Make it count brother, you can do it.

UKNoko

UKNoko

Awards
Hi. I want to get in shape and look good but I don't have the drive to. Any advice. Oh by the way I'm only a teen but any advice is helpful.
Write for yourself answers to the following questions

Why do you want to get in shape?

What does getting in shape mean to you? I want to get in shape but that means to me certain muscle mass and being able to run sub-20 5k and sub-1:30 half marathon time. I've got my goals pretty much defined by tangible values, I know where I am at and I pretty much know what's the process to attain my goals.

Why getting in shape and looking good is important to you?

What abilities and knowledge do you have that would aid you in achieving your goals and what are you maybe missing yet and need to learn?

What stops you from being as driven as you would like to attain getting in shape and looking good right now?

What is going to change for you when you achieve it?