power clean trouble

  1. power clean trouble


    I have had multiple back injuries and i dont want to use the power clean anymore, any suggestions on a exercise that will work the same muscles with less back?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Texplex11 View Post
    I have had multiple back injuries and i dont want to use the power clean anymore, any suggestions on a exercise that will work the same muscles with less back?
    Keg toss with heavy med balls is your best bet.

    Br

  3. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

    Keg toss with heavy med balls is your best bet.

    Br
    Is that like the strongman contest event.. Tossing the kegs over a hig bar?
    •   
       


  4. you could try kettlebell snatches. Less weight and less jerking of the back but gets the explosion aspect with a good workout for legs, back, and shoulders.

  5. I'm curious as to how you keep hurting your back on a power clean. What do you do specifically to strengthen the area?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  6. Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Is that like the strongman contest event.. Tossing the kegs over a hig bar?
    Pretty much.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'm curious as to how you keep hurting your back on a power clean. What do you do specifically to strengthen the area?
    ^ This was my thought as well.

    If power cleans bother your back try hang cleans.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. military press and power clean wrist problems
    By bigintensions in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
  2. Deadlift and Power clean
    By cav19delite in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 05:42 AM
  3. Tips for Power clean?
    By p00ndawg in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Log in
Log in