Exercise can lead to female orgasm
- 04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Exercise can lead to female orgasm
Exercise-induced orgasm and pleasure among women
Orgasm is typically considered to be a sexual experience. However, orgasms occurring during physical exercise have been occasionally documented. The primary objective of the current study was to understand more about women's experience with exercise-induced orgasm (EIO) including the types of exercise that women have noted have led to EIO and associations with self-reported sexual experiences. A secondary purpose was to understand and assess women's experiences of exercise-induced sexual pleasure (EISP) among a convenience sample of women who had never experienced EIO but who had experienced sexual pleasure during exercise. A total of 530 women completed a cross-sectional, anonymous, Internet-based survey. The average age of first EIO was 18.9 years old. Among the most common exercises reported to induce orgasm were abdominal exercises, climbing and lifting weights. Women reporting EISP, but not orgasm, frequently identified biking/spinning, abdominal exercise and lifting weights as associated with their experiences. Self-consciousness during exercise was commonly reported by women in the EIO group. However, sexual thoughts or fantasy related to EIO were only rarely reported. Findings challenge the idea that women's orgasm is an intrinsically sexual experience. Implications related to the scientific understanding of orgasm processes and clinical recommendations are discussed.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
- About 40 percent of women who had experienced EIO and EISP had done so on more than 10 occasions.
- Most of the women in the EIO group reported feeling some degree of self-consciousness when exercising in public places, with about 20 percent reporting they could not control their experience.
- Most women reporting EIO said they were not fantasizing sexually or thinking about anyone they were attracted to during their experiences.
- Diverse types of physical exercise were associated with EIO and EISP. Of the EIO group, 51.4 percent reported experiencing an orgasm in connection with abdominal exercises within the previous 90 days. Others reported experiencing orgasm in connection to such exercises as weight lifting (26.5 percent), yoga (20 percent), bicycling (15.8), running (13.2 percent) and walking/hiking (9.6 percent).
- In open-ended responses, ab exercises were particularly associated with the "captain's chair," which consists of a rack with padded arm rests and back support that allows the legs to hang free. The goal is to repeatedly lift the knees toward the chest or toward a 90-degree angle with the body.
- 04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
This is old news Josh and one of the reason my client retention rate is so high.PES Representative
- 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Have you really had clients experience these "coregasms"? Sounds like I need to get into the personal training business"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
04-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By chainsaw in forum General ChatReplies: 12Last Post: 03-02-2012, 11:59 PM
- By qwerty33 in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-26-2010, 12:20 PM
- By phatkid77 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 17Last Post: 07-28-2007, 03:07 PM
- By anabolicrhino in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 06-20-2007, 12:40 PM
- By brywal312 in forum SupplementsReplies: 81Last Post: 06-20-2007, 01:38 AM