100 chinups on back day

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I worked out my back and bi's today and decided i wanted to do 100 chinups as a minimum requirement for the workout. I ended up feeling preety good and did

100 chin ups in 11 sets
100 one arm dumbell rows (each arm) in 10 sets
60 spider curls over 6 sets.

I found it fairly hard but got out of the gym nice and quick-i was out in under an hour-which included chatting to a few people. Would this be considered enough volume for the back and bi's for one workout?

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I think it boils down to what your goals are but looks fine to me. I don't know what a spider curl is but your biceps are getting worked from the chins also, which is great. Others may say otherwise, but sounds good to me. Chins are a fantastik exercise!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Yeh, I figured the bicep was getting worked with the chins, which uses a lot of weight to encourage mass.
The spider curl is to encourage bicep peak. This video explains what a spider curl is. I love them-it gives my bis the biggest pump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNtWHNSXDMQ

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Chest+ tri Day

So i didnt even end up sore after yesterday, which i am pretty pleased about. So today for chest i tried

dips: 10x10 (100 reps)
Incline presses: 10x10 (100 reps)
lying tricep extensions: 10x3 > clise grop bench press x5
Tricep extension machine: 10x3

It was a helluva workout. I guess i'll see how tomorrow goes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The main thing would be to progressively overload the session. You can easily do just chins/pullups and row variations for lats/teres major and rhomboids/mid and lower-traps. Switching your grips, using a weight belt/vest, going from BB to DB, etc.

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
Hey guys,

I worked out my back and bi's today and decided i wanted to do 100 chinups as a minimum requirement for the workout. I ended up feeling preety good and did

100 chin ups in 11 sets
100 one arm dumbell rows (each arm) in 10 sets
60 spider curls over 6 sets.

I found it fairly hard but got out of the gym nice and quick-i was out in under an hour-which included chatting to a few people. Would this be considered enough volume for the back and bi's for one workout?
A Lot of Volume !! im gunna try it looks sick!