Weak wrist/forearm? Db keeps slipping on hammer curls, but left arm only

  1. Weak wrist/forearm? Db keeps slipping on hammer curls, but left arm only


    I seem to be able to do hammer curls while standing, but when I try to do them seated preacher style, the db always slips, but it only seems to give me trouble with my left arm, my right arm I can hammer preacher curl fine. I even lowered the weight same problem. Should I just give up trying to do them on a preacher bench? I have been alternating standing curls one week, seated preacher curls the next.


  2. define "slips", like slipping on ice? it slips outa your hand

  3. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    define "slips", like slipping on ice? it slips outa your hand
    Okay, when I am holding the db in the middle, as I curl the weight the db will start slipping down my hand until my hand is pressed right up to the top part of the db handle and it feels like it just keeps wanting to slip lower and my wrist will start to hurt alittle bit. Idk why this doesn't happen while standing or with my right hand. I figured this would be a problem with grip/forearm strength, but it only effets one hand, so idk 0_0.
    •   
       

  4. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    So don't bother with it. I see no reason to bother with the seat preacher hammer curl...really. I see this at the gym all the time. Guys with the smallest arms doing so many multiples of variations of isolation exercise for no valuable reason whatsoever.

    Stick with three or four basic exercises and rotate them appropriately. KISS!
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    So don't bother with it. I see no reason to bother with the seat preacher hammer curl...really. I see this at the gym all the time. Guys with the smallest arms doing so many multiples of variations of isolation exercise for no valuable reason whatsoever.

    Stick with three or four basic exercises and rotate them appropriately. KISS!
    Okay thx. I currently am alternating ez bar curls as well. One week seated close grip, the next week standing wide grip.

  6. Lately I've been using wrist straps for DB curls and hammer curls when going heavy. It seem to lessen the stress on my wrists and tightens my grip on the DB.

  7. Why bother with hammers? All the other forms of curls will buid your brachoradialis.. thats what yer looking to do right? For grip strength.. No strap deadlifts and chins.. a gorrilla grip will be yours in months! 4 get hammers!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Chalkblok View Post
    Why bother with hammers? All the other forms of curls will buid your brachoradialis.. thats what yer looking to do right? For grip strength.. No strap deadlifts and chins.. a gorrilla grip will be yours in months! 4 get hammers!
    I don't have a chin up bar and there is no doorways in the house I can use the kind that go over the doorway and I don't have the money to get a pullup station.

  9. I hear ya..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. preacher curls and wrist/forearm pain?
    By gaijininjapan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 03:04 PM
  2. Wrist curls with wrist tendinitis
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 10:42 PM
  3. Whats better for forearms, reverse curls or hammer curls?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
  4. Hammer curls
    By GottaMakeIt in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Log in
Log in