need help with routine - AnabolicMinds.com

need help with routine

  1. New Member
    luka5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    need help with routine


    i posted here a routine a while ago but can find this topic so decided to create new one.

    so basically my bulking routine is:

    MONDAY: Squats 5x5-10
    Leg Extensions: 3x15
    Leg Curls 3x6-10
    Stiff leg Deads 4x10

    TUESDAY: Incline DB Press 4x6-10
    Weighted Dips 4x6-10
    Cambered bar Skullcrushers 4x6-10

    THURSDAY: Weighted Chins 3x4-6
    BB Rows 3x6-8
    Deadlifts 3x8-10
    Cable rows 3x10-12
    BB Curl 4x8-12

    FRIDAY: Seated BB Press 3x6
    Seated DB Press 2x8-10
    Standing Calf Raise 4x10


    I bolded changes id like to make my routine more balanced. what do you think about it?

    basically it is push/pull/legs but with push divided into 2 workouts ( i hate doing overhead rpesses after chest)

  2. Senior Member
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,515
    Rep Power
    103036

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    How long do you usually lift for? And do you lift at a gym?
  3. New Member
    luka5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    How long do you usually lift for? And do you lift at a gym?
    i lift at a gym, usually 45 - 60 minutes ( + general warmup)

    i just wanted this routine to be more balanced in terms of pulling vs pushing movements.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Newtonselite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    832

    Reputation

    you could always run chest/tris - back/bis - shoulders/legs This will rid you of your incline press/shoulder press on the same day problem
  5. New Member
    luka5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Newtonselite View Post
    you could always run chest/tris - back/bis - shoulders/legs This will rid you of your incline press/shoulder press on the same day problem
    yeah but i dont have problem with going to a gym 4x a week..
  6. New Member
    BaDgErFaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    794

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by luka5 View Post
    yeah but i dont have problem with going to a gym 4x a week..
    You can always use the setup Newtonselite mentioned and train EOD. That gets you in the gym 3-4x a week.
  7. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by luka5 View Post
    i posted here a routine a while ago but can find this topic so decided to create new one.

    so basically my bulking routine is:

    MONDAY: Squats 5x5-10
    Leg Extensions: 3x15
    Leg Curls 3x6-10
    Stiff leg Deads 4x10

    TUESDAY: Incline DB Press 4x6-10
    Weighted Dips 4x6-10
    Cambered bar Skullcrushers 4x6-10

    THURSDAY: Weighted Chins 3x4-6
    BB Rows 3x6-8
    Deadlifts 3x8-10
    Cable rows 3x10-12
    BB Curl 4x8-12

    FRIDAY: Seated BB Press 3x6
    Seated DB Press 2x8-10
    Standing Calf Raise 4x10


    I bolded changes id like to make my routine more balanced. what do you think about it?

    basically it is push/pull/legs but with push divided into 2 workouts ( i hate doing overhead rpesses after chest)
    You could do chest/bis- legs/abs-back/tris-shoulders (4 split)



    My advice on routine:Rid yourself of leg extensions(they don't build much mass).Do lunges with DB or barbell.Dropset legpress is nice aswell.
    I don't like cable rows.DB rows or lat pull downs would be a nice replacement.Deadlifts 2x a week is a bit excessive.
    Also I see no shoulder work in here except for DB presses(which should be just fine for your front delts)and some rows(rear delts)Maybe add some side raises?

    But if your routine works for you....Do it!I can't tell you what you should do,only make suggestions.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is my routine okay?
    By Mikey851 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
  2. Muscle Confusion or The ‘Non – Routine’ Routine
    By Quinc in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 01:46 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 02:10 AM
  4. GVT Routine
    By cobain67 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in