jump rope!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thinking of adding a bout of jump rope as a warm up from now on. Opinions? I just picked it up for my current cut and have fallen in love with it. Limiting it to 3 x a week though...

ScAR

ScAR

Awards
Jump rope can be utilized as a HIIT workout. I incorporated jump rope in my warm up for my leg training days and got a good pump in the calves, elevated heart rate, and this contributed to me getting to 8.9% BF last year. Three times a week is plenty make sure you are taking short rest periods between sets to maximize efficiency. Since you are using it as a warm up make sure you find your sweet spot for intensity, get the heart elevated and the sweat dripping but don't burn yourself out before your workout. I recommend 15 minutes at maximum for a warmup but you will find what works for you. I think it's a good idea and let me know how it works.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do. I just put my running shoes back on so to speak. Stoped cardio through the winter and made insane gains. Both in muscle and 15 lbs of fat. Lady problems and holidays will do that. My 6 pack is back to popping though

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think jumping rope is very effective. When I was younger (high school) I used to always warm up with it and l loved it. It always set the tone and got me zoned while providing a mild sweat and some stretching.

I really want to get back into it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 41
Female Fitness 3
inda11 Training Forum 1
Weight Loss 6
Training Forum 3