Dry?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

Dry?

Can someone define exactly what 'dry' in the BB world means?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.45%

I assume you are speaking of dry muscle gains. It is the lack of bloat and muscle and skin tissue saturated with water and usually a higher bf%. Water retention makes muscle seem larger and fuller than drier tissue which is harder and more defined. There is more actual muscle tissue per volume vs the same size of a "wet" muscle gain. The terms "shredded" or "ripped" are common terms used to describe the physique of someone with a dry muscle composition. There is much to be said about the relationship of the 2 in the overall size gaining process but I haven't the time to go there. Besides you only wanted to know what "dry" meant in the bb world. Someone else can take it from here if they wish..
    "Liver stress is weakness leaving the body!!"
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

Quote Originally Posted by supraseed48 View Post
    I assume you are speaking of dry muscle gains. It is the lack of bloat and muscle and skin tissue saturated with water and usually a higher bf%. Water retention makes muscle seem larger and fuller than drier tissue which is harder and more defined. There is more actual muscle tissue per volume vs the same size of a "wet" muscle gain. The terms "shredded" or "ripped" are common terms used to describe the physique of someone with a dry muscle composition. There is much to be said about the relationship of the 2 in the overall size gaining process but I haven't the time to go there. Besides you only wanted to know what "dry" meant in the bb world. Someone else can take it from here if they wish..
    Thank you. Ripped I am familiar with, Dry threw me for a loop.
    •