heavy 4 day split

  1. New Member
    spidermanp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    33
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    15%

    heavy 4 day split


    I found this routine on this forum and modified it a bit, and please see:



    All sets are done with the same weight. Adding weight if i complete upper rep range in all sets. (For example if i do Weighted Chins for 3x4-6 I add weight if i complete 6,6,6 reps).

    Here's the routine:

    MONDAY: Squats 5x5-10
    Leg Extensions: 3x15
    Stiff leg Deads 4x10

    TUESDAY: Incline DB Press 4x6-10
    Weighted Dips 4x6-10
    Incline Fly 4x6-10
    Cambered bar Skullcrushers 4x6-10

    THURSDAY: Weighted Chins 3x4-6 (neutral grip)
    BB Rows 3x6-8
    Deadlifts 3x8-10
    Cable rows 3x10-12
    BB Curl 4x8-12

    FRIDAY: Seated BB Press 3x6
    Seated DB Press 2x8-10
    Leaning Laterals 3x10-12
    Standing calf raises 4x12



    What do you think about it?

  2. New Member
    themondtster's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    404
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    17.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by spidermanp
    I found this routine on this forum and modified it a bit, and please see:

    All sets are done with the same weight. Adding weight if i complete upper rep range in all sets. (For example if i do Weighted Chins for 3x4-6 I add weight if i complete 6,6,6 reps).

    Here's the routine:

    MONDAY: Squats 5x5-10
    Leg Extensions: 3x15
    Stiff leg Deads 4x10

    TUESDAY: Incline DB Press 4x6-10
    Weighted Dips 4x6-10
    Incline Fly 4x6-10
    Cambered bar Skullcrushers 4x6-10

    THURSDAY: Weighted Chins 3x4-6 (neutral grip)
    BB Rows 3x6-8
    Deadlifts 3x8-10
    Cable rows 3x10-12
    BB Curl 4x8-12

    FRIDAY: Seated BB Press 3x6
    Seated DB Press 2x8-10
    Leaning Laterals 3x10-12
    Standing calf raises 4x12

    What do you think about it?

    Like it....

    Monday I would get rid of leg ext. and replace with front squat or lunges(2or 3 sets. 6-10reps) and then leg press 3xF to finish off.

    Tuesday looks good maybe a heavy flat bench for a couple sets.

    Thursday looks good also I'd just make sure cable row grip is different than bb row.

    Friday maybe add an upright row and\or shrugs.

    If the first set I felt I could get more reps I would bump the weight up 5 to 10 pounds and finish the rest instead of waiting till next workout.


    Just my opinion of what Id do.
  3. New Member
    garythethird's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    45
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    84.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by themondtster View Post
    Like it....

    Monday I would get rid of leg ext. and replace with front squat or lunges(2or 3 sets. 6-10reps) and then leg press 3xF to finish off.

    Tuesday looks good maybe a heavy flat bench for a couple sets.

    Thursday looks good also I'd just make sure cable row grip is different than bb row.

    Friday maybe add an upright row and\or shrugs.

    If the first set I felt I could get more reps I would bump the weight up 5 to 10 pounds and finish the rest instead of waiting till next workout.


    Just my opinion of what Id do.
    Totally agree, especially Leg extensions. Lots of these will leave your knees in a world of pain down the road, too much sheering force applied to joint.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188230
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by garythethird View Post
    Totally agree, especially Leg extensions. Lots of these will leave your knees in a world of pain down the road, too much sheering force applied to joint.
    Agreed.Add lunges or good mornings.
  5. New Member
    jhughes4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    565
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    50.17%

    I agree with the lunges as well, if u get sick of barbell stiffies u could always do dumbbell stiff leg deads I love switching those up time to time.
  6. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188230
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    My current leg day consist of squats good mornings standing calf raises and dropset legpress cause my quads need work
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Light/Heavy Split
    By swb311 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 01:39 PM
  2. Multi question, Heavy compounds, Heavy bag cardio
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 12:20 AM
  3. Heavy Grips by Heavy Sports?
    By capnsavem in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
  4. 3day split to 4day split for fat loss?
    By SamuraiSid in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
  5. Going Heavy On Legs ?
    By Markum1 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in