MWF Routine

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.64%

MWF Routine

I'm starting an LSAT class in a week that's going to prevent me from working out on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm looking to continue strength training (about 5-8 reps) with a few volume exercises mixed in. I've been working out daily and have good gains. What kind of workout would be best, I've looked at an upper/lower A/B workout and some have suggested a push/pull split, but I've never tried one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Can you workout saturday? If so Id recommend 5/3/1 split onto m/w/f/sat
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.35%

Why not a old school Fullbody? Thats exactly how there laid out?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.64%

I've done full-body before and I liked it, however I felt like I was neglecting some of my smaller muscles. Definitely thinking ab it though. Just seeing what's out there.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.54%

have you ever heard of DC (doggcrapp) training, its a great method, and its only three days a week, you get crazy strength gains. Every time i have done it i have increased in strength, the stretching routines are crucial so check out this website, its laid out pretty well.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_in_12_months
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.49%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jhughes4
    have you ever heard of DC (doggcrapp) training, its a great method, and its only three days a week, you get crazy strength gains. Every time i have done it i have increased in strength, the stretching routines are crucial so check out this website, its laid out pretty well.

www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performan ce/how_to_build_50_pounds_of_musc le_in_12_months
    Def going to look into this...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.54%

Do it man, there is a lot of specified details and make sure u pay attention to them all, the log book the amount of rest the diet, it's a great training program if u learn all the aspects and pay attention to the detail.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

The DC website is IntenseMuscle.com. Everything about it is on there and some.
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Can you workout saturday? If so Id recommend 5/3/1 split onto m/w/f/sat
    http://www.**********************/wor...ng-system.html

that link shows how to do 5/3/1 on a 3 day a week split. i also have done it where i combined overheads with squats. you could do overheads with deads too.

5x5 programs have you do 3 days a week. i would start with starting strength. if you have been at it for some time you can try the texas method of madcow variations.

between those and DC there are several awesome 3 day a week strength programs.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.64%

Awesome thanks guys. Anybody ever experiment with throwing in some hypertropy days/exercises in these workouts? I'm currently on a layne nortons PHAT routine and like it a lot. It just requires every day
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

Quote Originally Posted by swb311 View Post
    Awesome thanks guys. Anybody ever experiment with throwing in some hypertropy days/exercises in these workouts? I'm currently on a layne nortons PHAT routine and like it a lot. It just requires every day
    that link i referenced has several accessory setups. one just for hypertrophy. although everyone i know that has done 5/3/1 and done the boring but big has seen the best results from that setup. and it can be 3-4 days a week.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.64%

Quote Originally Posted by swb311 View Post

My current routine is 5/3/1 with Periodization Bible assistance work, with the assistance work being solely for hypertrophy. I used to only do Boring But Big on squat day, but am actually going to change that up so I squat heavy one day and squat light with lots of volume on another. I can't just squat once per week. Right now I am squatting 3 times per week, but I am not doing 5/3/1 squats within JW's template, just linear progression, +5 pounds per session. Once that tailors off, I'm switching to the twice per week squats, keeping the heavy squat day within the 5/3/1 template. You really can program this however you like, that's the beauty of it. Definitely get the new 5/3/1 book if you want to learn more.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.35%

I think I wanna go back to 3 day a weeks. I havent made gains at all like I used to (when I did 3 days). Any other options? DC looks cool and all, but geeze its got its own dam forum of people trying to figure it out! Theres gotta be a more straight forward 3 dayer!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muscle Confusion or The ‘Non – Routine’ Routine
    By Quinc in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 03:46 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 04:10 AM
  3. I NEED A NEW ROUTINE!!!!!
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 11:32 PM
  4. HIT like routine?