Inversion Tables

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I have one and swear by it due to chronic issues in my S1 thru L4...the problem for me is that I'm an idiot and get lazy on decompressing when I feel good.....and then I hurt myself again (7 weeks removed from a wicked s1-l5 hernia tion)....but with PT and decompression I'm nearly recovered.probably staying away from weights for a couple months, and then iwill be strict on using the table 5 x a wk, cause I'm one more rupture from surgery and hanging up the weights for good

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
yeah I've been having back pain for a while. Right now I cannot do most back, without chest support, or leg workouts because of it. I think I will pick one up. Teeter has a special on it right now. I'm worried about the blood rush to the head, but I think that will be managable by increasing the decline over time.

Mag1c

Awards
I have had lower back issues for years and had surgery a year and a half ago, I've been using an inversion table for about 2.5 years and it does help as long as you keep using it on a regular basis. Also, break in slowly and don't stay inverted for a very long time right from the start or the head rush can be uncomfortable. Best of luck to ya.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I have had lower back issues for years and had surgery a year and a half ago, I've been using an inversion table for about 2.5 years and it does help as long as you keep using it on a regular basis. Also, break in slowly and don't stay inverted for a very long time right from the start or the head rush can be uncomfortable. Best of luck to ya.
thanks man, yeah I've had back problems for few years now, but the last two weeks been bad so I started looking into inversion tables. I'll start slow and increase the decline and time inverted over time.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I got one for about 100 bucks on Amazon...I think its Ironman brand (but dont hold me to it..).

I can't see going for the 'Bentley' model when the 'Chevy' is going to do the same thing...Im sure the teeter has some bells and whistles I don't have, but as long as it doesnt drop me on my head, I consider it to be working.

Good luck...back injuries suck.

papo6167

papo6167

Awards
It's a wonderful thing to have I use mine twice a day five mins every day . I have spinal stenosis and three discs that are in bad shape. So far so good I'm able to work out and work so I can't complain .

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I got one for about 100 bucks on Amazon...I think its Ironman brand (but dont hold me to it..).

I can't see going for the 'Bentley' model when the 'Chevy' is going to do the same thing...Im sure the teeter has some bells and whistles I don't have, but as long as it doesnt drop me on my head, I consider it to be working.

Good luck...back injuries suck.
The main complaint about other models was the ankle strap/restrain. I've read many people complain about it except in the teeter models. It was $285 shipped with back support, so I'm fine with that. I spend more on supplements. Heck, I spend more on cat food a month! so it is worth it if it reduces my back pain.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
It's a wonderful thing to have I use mine twice a day five mins every day . I have spinal stenosis and three discs that are in bad shape. So far so good I'm able to work out and work so I can't complain .
Yeah I did back and Biceps Today. For back, I did chin ups which do not bother me at all and seated smith rows and pull downs due to the chest support. When I went to do DB curls, my back hurts lifting the DBs off the rack and I was not going heavy.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
I bought one when I had a really bad back straing and it seemed to help. My only complaint about them is that most people described how good it felt to be on one so I was really looking forward to that feeling. It feels like **** while you are on it, it's the same feeling I get in my hamstrings when I try to touch my toes and can't(im very unflexible). Buuuuuut, when you are dont it feels great. Especially if you've been compressing your spine with squats and deadlifts and driving home in traffic. Another complaint is that as blood flows to your head your sinuses get clogged, but this goes away when you go right side up again.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another thing to try is a reverse hyper machine