Golfer's elbow

  1. Golfer's elbow


    Anyone develop symptoms similar to "golfer's" elbow, with the pain on the inside of elbow and not outside?
    and
    having it being caused by weight lifting?

    Any advice, suggestions for recovery, etc...much appreciated?

    Thanks


  2. My friend had tennis elbow which is similar to golfers elbow, just different nerve being pinched. Anyways he lifted through it for a long time, and it got super bad, then he took time off and that alleviated it. My football coach, an older fellow, found that its dips, not bench dips, that caused it and he avoided doing those exercises and symptoms cleared. Best of luck on recovering, it isn't a serious injury just really sucks when you can't bench, curl, etc.

  3. I got tennis and golfers ellbow on the left. X-Ray Ultra Sound and MRI all said minor swelling it sure wasn't feeling minor for over one year I got physio, rested it iced and tried every joint sup on the market ... I went and saw a sports injury specialist Dr he ordered a different scan where they inject you with a die ... my joint is FUBAR the swelling was just my bodies way of trying to prevent me from using a broken joint.

    So don't always treat a tennis elbow injury as a minor injury till you know for sure!


    Quote Originally Posted by alewisdvm View Post
    Anyone develop symptoms similar to "golfer's" elbow, with the pain on the inside of elbow and not outside?
    and
    having it being caused by weight lifting?

    Any advice, suggestions for recovery, etc...much appreciated?

    Thanks
    •   
       


  4. !!!!
    Actually....not that you mentioned the dips, I think that is when it may have started. I was doing the dips off the side of the bench, and it is a awkward about of pressure on the wrist full bent.

    But, to clarify, what is the difference between dips and bench dips? Or, what did you mean.

  5. I've never heard of tennis elbow being that bad so disregard what I said about I not being serious, but bench dips are when you get two benches together and perform a dip focusing on the tricep, regular dips are when you use your body weight, both put a lot of stress on the elbows

  6. My case was probably extreme even my primary care Dr through I was just being a baby but I knew something more sinister was wrong with me. Sports Dr even gave Cortisone shots into the obvious swelling at first before he decided to do some more investigating. So I guess its not common but sometimes swelling is just a symptom of a more serious underlying injury.

  7. I have had very similar symptoms. I had tennis elbow but got it during a softball practice. So I guess I would call it softball elbow.

    It was very brutal. The only way it would just go away for me was to almost do nothing with the elbow. I tried playing and exercising through it and it just made it worse. I would highly advise not overworking too much.
    I'm Back...

  8. Yep...came to same conclusion
    bought a ace wrap for support that also has these little pads that apply a little pressure over upper forearm.

    Starting intermittent ice as well.

    Had to stop all lifting. I get on the elliptical, but just allow the one arm to dangle my side.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by alewisdvm View Post
    Yep...came to same conclusion
    bought a ace wrap for support that also has these little pads that apply a little pressure over upper forearm.

    Starting intermittent ice as well.

    Had to stop all lifting. I get on the elliptical, but just allow the one arm to dangle my side.
    That is a very smart move.

    Good luck in your recovery; I know it sucks.
    I'm Back...

  10. Good luck brother

  11. Very smart way to play. Just hope it doesn't drag on for to long. I have started doing only one side curles dumb bell presses etc the other day somebody mentioned the term crab ... nasty.

    Quote Originally Posted by alewisdvm View Post
    Yep...came to same conclusion
    bought a ace wrap for support that also has these little pads that apply a little pressure over upper forearm.

    Starting intermittent ice as well.

    Had to stop all lifting. I get on the elliptical, but just allow the one arm to dangle my side.

  12. check out this clip

    youtube.com/watch?v=4xfb3DS_tqA&feature=re lated

    helped me tremendously after aggravating my elbows from chins. Also check out some of Mike Robertsons work on his site.

    Good luck!

  13. I have the same thing happening right now. It started from skull crushers. It went away, but last week it came back with a vengeance. It felt like I couldn't move it at all. I also get that pain on the other arm same spot when softball starts up. Eventually it goes away, I'm hopping this does too. My plan is to stay away the crushers and hopefully I don't get worse.

  14. Yea skull crushers aggravate it too, there is a band I'm not sure what it's called that wraps around your forearms that helps relieve tennis and golfers elbow

  15. I had gotten something similar from forcing out a few extra reps on front lat raises, which I probably shouldn't have done. I took an entire week off from lifting, and avoided exercises that would have an impact on that area for an additional 1-2 weeks. After that it was fine. I was actually able to see some kind of tendon that was inflamed along the inside of my arm.

  16. Went to bench doing light weight, and the pain went into my shoulder. I'm gonna have take a few weeks. I hate this!

  17. While recovering from something like this should you stop working out altogether? Or just should you do light work, or go hard still on everything else.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DreamBig
    While recovering from something like this should you stop working out altogether? Or just should you do light work, or go hard still on everything else.
    I worked around it and was fine but was also 17 when it happened, I'd take some cissus and take a few days off then work around it for another week

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40

    I worked around it and was fine but was also 17 when it happened, I'd take some cissus and take a few days off then work around it for another week
    I have some leg work in plans for tomorrow, then 3 days until a bench max day. Soooo will see. But I may just have to start cutting a week earlier than I planed.

  20. I have the same pain right now. I jus try to warm up as good as possible and avoid excersises that make worse

  21. Guys have any of you checked out the youtube link? I found this was something I can do easily, several times a day and it helps tremendously. Obviously, if there's a specific exercise that aggravates your situation, it's probably best to give it a break for a while before exacerbating the problem further. The video I linked helped me immediately for the soreness I was catching on the inside of my elbows from chins. So, I gave chins a break, kept up/keep up with this easy little hand stretch this guy demos, and I'm golden. good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjod123 View Post
    check out this clip

    youtube.com/watch?v=4xfb3DS_tqA&feature=re lated

    helped me tremendously after aggravating my elbows from chins. Also check out some of Mike Robertsons work on his site.

    Good luck!

  22. I don't even know what i have wrong any more.
    I discovered today that now I can flex and make a muscle without a problem.

    But, if I hold a tight bicep, and slowly start to extend my arm, as I get closer to the arm being straight (still with a tightened muscle), that's when I start to feel it.

    It's very difficult to actually isolate the discomfort. Some of it feels in the proximal forearm close to elbow, and definitely, some of it is in distal bicep and bicep itself?

    Again, most notably when arm is fully outstretched and making a tight bicep.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by alewisdvm
    I don't even know what i have wrong any more.
    I discovered today that now I can flex and make a muscle without a problem.

    But, if I hold a tight bicep, and slowly start to extend my arm, as I get closer to the arm being straight (still with a tightened muscle), that's when I start to feel it.

    It's very difficult to actually isolate the discomfort. Some of it feels in the proximal forearm close to elbow, and definitely, some of it is in distal bicep and bicep itself?

    Again, most notably when arm is fully outstretched and making a tight bicep.
    Sounds like a biceps tendon...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Elbow
    By W13NY in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM
  2. Elbow Pain... Heated Elbow sleeves???
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
  3. elbow!!!
    By cheezscott in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM
  4. Elbow Pop
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 02:29 AM
  5. Player: Fellow golfer admitted steroid use
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Log in
Log in