Favorite exersice's

tenrep

Awards
What's yall's favorite exercises mine is squats and dead lifts just seein what's out there

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to say squats and shoulder shrugs. Legs and shoulders are my strongest points; wish the rest of me would catch up to em...lol

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hang cleans, over head squats, and snatch grip dead lifts.

And plyometrics and acceleration drills.

Br

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weighted dips, pull-ups, incline DB curls, underhand BB rows and incline DB presses.

Punani aerobics

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Br
Power cleans here. I really need to spend time on over head squats and the snatch. I'm not to skilled with them yet.

thehulk2203

thehulk2203

Awards
Squat and deadlift I like to watch the legs just a growing

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards

Br
Overhead Squats! My man! Yeah nothing is more impressive than seeing somebody O/H Squat a considerable amount of weight

mattsams89

Awards
Overhead Squats! My man! Yeah nothing is more impressive than seeing somebody O/H Squat a considerable amount of weight
I just wish I could OH squat. My shoulder mobility is garbage.

Regardless, my favorites are front squats and bent over row.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Weighted pull-ups
Squats
jerk caught in OH squat...

Nothing like putting a ton of weight over your head and standing up with it.

Mafesto31

Awards
Weighted pullups(100+ lbs for the ladies) and t-row.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
incline/decline bb bench

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I just wish I could OH squat. My shoulder mobility is garbage.

Regardless, my favorites are front squats and bent over row.
Matt, this is Aaron T from etsu. My guess is that your problem may be a thoracic spine mobility issue instead, just based off of what I've seen when you lift.

mattsams89

Awards
Matt, this is Aaron T from etsu. My guess is that your problem may be a thoracic spine mobility issue instead, just based off of what I've seen when you lift.
Trust me, one shoulder is internally rotated and sits shallowly in the joint. I used to have a lot of issues with it until I started hammering rows and face pulls. It doesn't hurt now, but there's a visible discrepancy when I raise my arms overhead. I just haven't invested the time in finding a comfortable grip. I've been attempting to increase mobility though, so I'll keep that in mind.

Not to hijack the thread, but is your training going well? I know I up and left when I left for NY so I haven't seen most people in a while.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Well I've been training highschool, college, and pro athletes out of chattanooga since I graduated. Planning on moving to Colorado springs or Miami for the summer to work with some high profile athletes before going back to school.

Oh, and check out mobilitywod.com forget the fact that he's a crossfit guy, he knows his stuff when it comes to mobility.

mattsams89

Awards
Well I've been training highschool, college, and pro athletes out of chattanooga since I graduated. Planning on moving to Colorado springs or Miami for the summer to work with some high profile athletes before going back to school.

Oh, and check out mobilitywod.com forget the fact that he's a crossfit guy, he knows his stuff when it comes to mobility.
Sounds like my kind of work. Good luck on that.

I'll check it out. They do tend to be the most flexible.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you see the video I posted here a few weeks ago? 115 KG x 3

Br

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Did you see the video I posted here a few weeks ago? 115 KG x 3

Br
Awesome man. I hit 285x2 for a raise ( I work at a big training facility). The hardest part was the snatch balance on the first one.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I hate (by hate, i mean LOVE) that guys mobility workouts.

Br
He definitely has some good stuff on there. The best part to me is that you can see results instantly, and everything is based around getting in better position for certain lifts.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man. I hit 285x2 for a raise ( I work at a big training facility). The hardest part was the snatch balance on the first one.
That's damn impressive. What do you mean by "for a raise"? As in a pay raise?

I was able to take it off the rack...I have access to one of the best strength rooms on the east coast.

Br

[video=youtube;Q-sEWIZNkZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-sEWIZNkZs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My fav is probably anything to do with the Prowler

I'm not super strong, but the deadlift is my strongest lift. I love lifts where you use all out max effort over your full body, which is why I love the prowler and deads. Going to give snatch grip deads a try for a while as soon as I'm back in the gym again.

Bench day is always a favorite of mine. Squat not so much, due to lower back, hips and ham issues that I've been fixing. Lordosis is a curse of the modern man.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Honestly it looks pretty dang solid. If anything really stretch out those calves before hand (or gets some oly shoes), and don't be afraid to let the bar travel back just a bit further.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established

Br
Hang cleans and deads here.
After getting my hang clean form down ( I don't do the split leg for the press) I have seen what weight I can do go up by 30lbs in just a month.
Its amazing what watching your form in the mirror (from the side no weight) can do for your strength. My goal is 225 x 10 right now I am only hitting 195 x 10 but that is up from 135 2 months ago

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Sprints are probably my all time favorite exercise. Not for conditioning either. Specifically practicing my starts. In the last 18 months I've gone from 4.9 to a 4.43 laser timed 40. I'll really start loving them if I hit a 4.3_...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sprints are probably my all time favorite exercise. Not for conditioning either. Specifically practicing my starts. In the last 18 months I've gone from 4.9 to a 4.43 laser timed 40. I'll really start loving them if I hit a 4.3_...
That's damn fast. Amazing the improvements you can make by improving the start and drive phase technique.

What are your thoughts on improving top end. I've talked to a few strength coaches who feel you can improve acceleration and speed endurance, but top speed is genetic...they described it kind of like a governor on a car.

Br

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
For the most part its learning to run pretty. Knees up to ninety, make it look easy. Have to teach them to put force in th

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
The ground. Driving and pulling your feet through the ground. Other than that, its hard to increase much.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes...getting good knee drive is key, and often a challenge: Decreasing RF activation and anterior pelvic tilt, increasing psoas strength, and getting athletes to relax as they run.

Br

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I don't feel that its the strength of the psoas as much as the explosiveness. Most people just don't know how to fire it quickly. I like to really work on explosive knee drive with karaoke drills and regular high knees, as well as work on it while pushing on a wall.. many athletes lack hip flexor flexibility, and tend to miss out on reaching full triple extension which really slows them down.