ACE Personal Training Cert

cooley

cooley

Awards
I am looking into starting my own personal training studio and was thinking of certifying through ACE. Does anyone have any experience with ACE or recommend something better?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The cert really doesn't mean a thing. Experience and competition credentials infinitely outweigh a certification/degree.

cooley

cooley

Awards
I totally agree with you there but to own my own studio I will definitely need to show credentials to get the trust from clients who do not know me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Technically, you don't even need to be certified to run a studio and/or get insurance.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And how many of your prospective clients know the difference or will even put in the prospective research to learn the difference between something along the lines of ACE, NASM, ACSM, NSCA vs. all the other weekend/online courses?

Br

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's nice to have a good certification in case someone decides to look into it, but don't put too much thought into it. Think about it, most people have no idea about what each certification means. So if someone put a lot more work and money to get a "better" certification, the average person wouldn't even know the difference.

What matters aside from knowledge, presence and experience is MARKETING.

Look into it

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
It's nice to have a good certification in case someone decides to look into it, but don't put too much thought into it. Think about it, most people have no idea about what each certification means. So if someone put a lot more work and money to get a "better" certification, the average person wouldn't even know the difference.

What matters aside from knowledge, presence and experience is MARKETING.

Look into it
after 9 years of training people, lack of marketing knowledge was what pushed me into a different career. so i would spend more time on that. a business does not run itself.