i want big monster traps!....how????
- 01-15-2012, 06:52 PM
- 01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Try giant sets then man of really really high reps.Traps,Calves and Legs all respond well to high reps and high volume to grow.They're endurance muscles.So test that endurance and when you find out what it is............. force yourself to do more.If you wanna get those traps big,you better be prepared to tolerate some pain
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
idk if anybody has said this or not, but do deadlifts but shrug it at the top. you will be surprised how sore your traps get and how fast they will grow.
01-16-2012, 01:01 AM
My reps for shrugs are 25 15 12 10 8 6 8 10 12 15 25
And I'd say I have pretty monstrous traps, atleast that's what the hoochies say.
I also did 315x50 last week just to say I did an I noticed growth from that
01-16-2012, 01:46 AM
You want bigger traps, get bigger. How big do you think your traps are going to be at 160lbs?
Eat food, do the basics(dead, shrug, upper back work, scapula retractions, etc), and profit.
01-17-2012, 02:50 PM
What Frank said...
And, snatch grip deadlifts. Nothing beats snatch grip deads for overall back development.
01-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Hope this question isn't stupid ...what is the difference between snatch grip deadlift and regular deadlift?
01-17-2012, 03:29 PM
01-17-2012, 04:10 PM
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
01-17-2012, 06:45 PM
01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
power cleans f*ck my traps up somethin wicked, luckily, my traps are about the easiest thing for me to build so i dont regularly isolate them, they just grow from picking up heavy ****
01-17-2012, 08:23 PM
01-17-2012, 10:58 PM
i have never done those before.....will do!
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
01-18-2012, 08:25 AM
2. If you have lower back issues you should strengthen your lower back, and the deadlift works this.
3. If you have such a badly damaged lower back that you can't deadlift, you should probably find an alternative to lifting weights to stay in shape, like swimming. It's hard to pick up something heavy without ever using your lower back. Unless you're into this for using light weights to... "tone".
01-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Genetics. Look at scooby, dude a has a amazing all natural build that's he built with over ten years in the lifting game and his traps are just sad...lol
Deads n shrugs from every angle. That's bout all there is to it. High Rep range of course. 12-25.
Similar Forum Threads
- By at1010 in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 09-01-2009, 12:36 PM
- By Whacked in forum Training ForumReplies: 17Last Post: 01-23-2009, 06:34 PM
- By michaeljannis in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2008, 06:31 AM
- By speedpastu in forum Training ForumReplies: 21Last Post: 06-26-2007, 02:27 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum PicsReplies: 26Last Post: 03-28-2004, 09:50 PM