I NEVER get SORE?

1. I NEVER get SORE?

Like it says, I see/hear of alot of people at my gym, and in general are sore a day or two after a good lifting session, however, I NEVER feel sore! The other day, I did like 30+ Sets on shoulder day, in attempt to get that "sore" feeling, and still...NOTHING

Is this bad? Good?

2. I've heard alot of people say it doesn't matter if u get sore but I do get sore now every workout and I love it. Just feels like I'm getting work done when I'm sore .

3. Do you squat heavy for reps???
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by jdarkraget View Post
    Do you squat heavy for reps???
    I do sometimes get sore on Leg day, usually more so when I do 10+ reps for a few sets

5. Im always sore, like a damn chronic condition or something.

6. maybe you're not pushing yourself enough (not trying to be condescending), just personal experience.

7. Are you seeing progression in size strength or ability to maintain if that's what you want? If so, dont worry about. Pain or doms is not necessarily in indication of growth or good training.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

8. I'm sore all the time. The harder I work, the the more soreness I feel the next day or 2. I love it. I'm not happy unless I'm sore.

9. I am always sore! I take C4 and go to the gym and push myself very hard!

10. I get sore usually when i do legs. Can barely sit down to take a dump. Lol

11. Interesting
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Cantell
    Like it says, I see/hear of alot of people at my gym, and in general are sore a day or two after a good lifting session, however, I NEVER feel sore! The other day, I did like 30+ Sets on shoulder day, in attempt to get that "sore" feeling, and still...NOTHING

Is this bad? Good?
    You dont always get sore but it should make you sore most of the time. It sounds like your not using heavy enough weight and or training hard enough. You can do 5 lb db curls all day and eventually get a pump but it doesnt mean youll be sore. Increase training intensity through heavier weight, shorter rest periods, super sets, giant sets, there is a bunch of options available. If you do the same training over and over your body adapts and quits growing. You have to constantly raise the bar if you want to keep getting better.

13. Quote Originally Posted by fame126
    I get sore usually when i do legs. Can barely sit down to take a dump. Lol
    Lmfao!! Ditto!

14. Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    I get sore usually when i do legs. Can barely sit down to take a dump. Lol
    For sure the worst part about leg day is the next 2 days lol

15. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Are you seeing progression in size strength or ability to maintain if that's what you want? If so, dont worry about. Pain or doms is not necessarily in indication of growth or good training.
    ^^^

DOMS is not an indicator of growth or productivity of a workout.

I can program a workout that will leave you sore for 3 or so days after every session without crazy volume or weight; however, that does not mean it is going to be productive.

If you want to be sore, do negatives and change the exercises on a session by session basis.

If you want growth and strength, then focus on progressive overload.

Br

16. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

^^^

I can program a workout that will leave you sore for 3 or so days after every session without crazy volume or weight; however, that does not mean it is going to be productive.

If you want to be sore, do negatives and change the exercises on a session by session basis.

Br
    I was gonna link him to the other thread we've been in recently covering this, but have been using my phone and got deterred. You have it? Prolly be a good read and save re-typing a bunch.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

17. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

^^^

Br
    ^^^^^ absolutely! I left that out. Negatives and changing your routine will definitely increase soreness. Thanks Zir! U da man.

18. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I was gonna link him to the other thread we've been in recently covering this, but have been using my phone and got deterred. You have it? Prolly be a good read and save re-typing a bunch.
    Good idea:

No Pain, No Gain - evidence DOMS does not equate to muscle growth

Br

19. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post

BAM! Go Zir Go!

20. Workout harder.
    On the road to bench pressing 400 pounds Currently over 360...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Joints - sore sore sore :(
    By edwitt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 02:17 AM
  2. sore... no more!!!
    By lift or die in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 09:59 AM
  3. REALLY sore after bicep workout...not a good sore
    By TheNinja in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6