Days off - AnabolicMinds.com

Days off

1. New Member

Days off

for the past two months i have been working out 6 days a week with only Sunday off. I work out a different body part each day. and on saturdays i only do cardio. Should i start doing more than 1 bodypart a day and taking more days off. Example Mon. chest/tris
    tuesday- back/shoulders wed off thurday leg/ bi's friday off saturday just cardion?? I'm sorry for the dumb questions But i am such a rookie!

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1208lv
    for the past two months i have been working out 6 days a week with only Sunday off. I work out a different body part each day. and on saturdays i only do cardio. Should i start doing more than 1 bodypart a day and taking more days off. Example Mon. chest/tris
    tuesday- back/shoulders wed off thurday leg/ bi's friday off saturday just cardion?? I'm sorry for the dumb questions But i am such a rookie!

This is a tough one,take 10 massive ripped bodybuilders and ask them how the train and diet and youl probably get 10 different training and diet philosphies...I find if for example the week I do deadlifts for back then I have to take the next day off,and same for squats but switch it around confuse your body try not to get used to any one way to train..

Try different things but give like 6 weeks to show results,then change it up either higher volume or heavier weight..Good luck PS: keep a strict training log,this is so important..IMO
  3. New Member

okay thanks for your help..
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1208lv
    For me, three to four days lifting a week is all my body can grow on when I'm not on anabolics. However, on prohormones, I can ussually up that to 5 or more days a week.

On a three day split I like : Push (chest, shoulders, tris); Pull (back, bicep); Leg (legs, abs).

Like Madman said tho, everybody is different. Find what you grow best on and stick with it.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

People's ability to recover is highly variable but assuming that your diet is good, your protein consumption is adequate and that you are getting enough rest most people do not lift more than 4 days out of the week. One can throw a day or two of light cardio into this mix but it is generally advised to not do heavy cardio the day after leg day.

Obviously, if you're showing signs of overtraining, fatigue, sleeplessness, aches and pains, then lower either volume or frequency of your training.
  6. New Member

At first i was showing some time of overkill, so i better slow it down a little. Plus i am about to start a cycle of M1T so i might just go with a everyother day plan like above Monday- push(chest, tri, shoulders) tuesday off Wed. pull( back, bi) thursday off friday Saturday-legs(legs, abs) Sunday off and so on>>
  7. New Member

in general terms, should one try to increase rest or decrease volume during PCT?

I'm in my first week of PCT and want to switch up my workout a bit. I was planning on keeping overall volume the same, but trying to decide if I should throw in another rest day to help with recovery.

I took a rest day yesterday - I feel pretty good today, so I think I am going to go in today and see how I feel. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    -jeff
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

generally both of what you stated. more rest and less volume are preferred, at least for a couple weeks.
  9. New Member

thanks for the reply. I have been lifting M/W/F with rest on the other days - will probably go to a 2-on 2-off for the next couple of weeks (was thinking about 2-on, 1-off, 2-on, 2-off).

a 2-on 2-off program will give me less rest days per week than the M/W/F, so I guess I should stick with the extra rest day in the middle for now.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pulse Cycle Days Off !!
    By powerchord in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
  2. Carnage on days off
    By chops411 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:35 PM
  3. Days off during igf cycle or not?
    By workin2005 in forum IGF-1/GH