What's more annoying?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. I don't think that most people realize how terribly they treat the equipment. Or they just don't care... Holding back the urge to let people know that they aren't the only ones that have to use the equipment is a daily struggle. I try to treat all the stuff like it's mine and it gets to me when others don't have the common courtesy to do the same. My fiance and I were talking last night and we determined that for the most part manners have become a nonexistent practice. Maybe I've just worked in retail too long...

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy1989 View Post
    I don't think that most people realize how terribly they treat the equipment. Or they just don't care... Holding back the urge to let people know that they aren't the only ones that have to use the equipment is a daily struggle. I try to treat all the stuff like it's mine and it gets to me when others don't have the common courtesy to do the same. My fiance and I were talking last night and we determined that for the most part manners have become a nonexistent practice. Maybe I've just worked in retail too long...
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
    •   
       


  3. Im a very organized person so I find myself rearranging weights stacked haphazardly.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  4. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Im a very organized person so I find myself rearranging weights stacked haphazardly.
    I always re-rack my weights well at least 90% of the time.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Im a very organized person so I find myself rearranging weights stacked haphazardly.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. If I'm at a station, I typically put the plates all away where they belong if someone did it wrong. Then again, my closet is also organized by color...*sigh* My mother did a number on me...lol
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
    •   
       


  6. All my dress shirts must face the same direction towards the door. Each shelf is in descending order from upper body/top layer to lower body/inner layer.

    I, too, blame my mother. God bless her wonderful soul.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    A muthaphucka askin me how many sets I got left... Hit another exercise and check back in a few minutes...
    Just because u asked me I got 3 more
    Right on. Love that

  8. I saw the craziest thing the other day. This dude in between sets would pretend he was a short stop.
    He would get in a short stop stance pounding his fist into his imaginery glove, with intensity all about him like hes in
    the 7th game of the world series.
    Then he squats down and imagines to field a fast ball grounder hit right to him. He fields it makes an exagerated play "like hes throwin someone out at first"
    or the other side of the gym, depends on how you see it I guess.
    This dude was making all kinds of plays. Cathing line drives and throwin them out at home. Fieldin grounders and turnin doubles, Man He Coudl Play!
    The whole time hes like checkin himself in the mirrors, maybe reviewing his form or maybe he just reyi likes how he looks playing imaginery baseball, I dont know.
    Maybe if I see him again I'll see if he wants me to hit some imaginery balls to him. He probably say something like "Yeah, that would be cool, thanks."
    I never seen nothin like it, right between two benches in front of the dumbell rack.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ken22
    I saw the craziest thing the other day. This dude in between sets would pretend he was a short stop.
    He would get in a short stop stance pounding his fist into his imaginery glove, with intensity all about him like hes in
    the 7th game of the world series.
    Then he squats down and imagines to field a fast ball grounder hit right to him. He fields it makes an exagerated play "like hes throwin someone out at first"
    or the other side of the gym, depends on how you see it I guess.
    This dude was making all kinds of plays. Cathing line drives and throwin them out at home. Fieldin grounders and turnin doubles, Man He Coudl Play!
    The whole time hes like checkin himself in the mirrors, maybe reviewing his form or maybe he just reyi likes how he looks playing imaginery baseball, I dont know.
    Maybe if I see him again I'll see if he wants me to hit some imaginery balls to him. He probably say something like "Yeah, that would be cool, thanks."
    I never seen nothin like it, right between two benches in front of the dumbell rack.
    You should have played pitcher.

  10. How about the people who think they are god's gift to the gym, complaining about everything ppl do do wrong at the gym on these forums... Complaining about people who are most likely new to the gym just makes you sound like a jackass fyi

    And I'm not referring to the OP, those are annoying gotta go with "b" there.

  11. (sadface)

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mweaver84 View Post
    How about the people who think they are god's gift to the gym, complaining about everything ppl do do wrong at the gym on these forums... Complaining about people who are most likely new to the gym just makes you sound like a jackass fyi

    And I'm not referring to the OP, those are annoying gotta go with "b" there.
    I hear ya. I dont like focusing on negative topics of conversation but this had my curiosity. As for the new-guy mistakes, typing up a storm on a forum doesnt accomplish much. Id like to think I do a good job in helping educate them to make improvements. But sometimes you just wanna go AHHHHH!!!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  13. lol for sure. I totally agree with your posts on here, but some of the other people just need to settle down. Pretty much everyone is at gym to get in shape, which I gotta respect, even if they aren't doing everything right I know they are they trying to better themselves. I know some of my friends who don't workout say they don't like going to gym because they are worried how they look to the in-shape people, and a couple of people in this thread made me think of that.

    But the mirror flexers and people taking over 4 pieces can be very annoying!!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mweaver84 View Post
    lI know some of my friends who don't workout say they don't like going to gym because they are worried how they look to the in-shape people, and a couple of people in this thread made me think of that.

    But the mirror flexers and people taking over 4 pieces can be very annoying!!
    Ive heard that. I've always told friends that people look more to see that your consistent and trying to make progress and better yourself and not so much how you look. No one was born with 22" guns at 8%, they had to started from ground zero too...except Chuck Norris.

    I try to be considerate when utilizing mirrors. You know, hit a front double bicep right behind a guy who feeling self conscious about his stickly arms. Might get in the way of some equipment too.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  15. There was a new kid who came to my gym this week. He was probably 15. The first thing he did was dumbell curls. That was all he did for 30 minutes then left. He was there again today and I asked him if he wanted to do some squats with me. He said no because he was only trying to get his arms big.

  16. Priceless

    Since I've learn to love leg days... my whole body has responded drastically
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  17. I hate the skinny fat guy in there showing his buddies how to perform every exercise he knows...with improper form. Then these 3 guys butcher exercises and hog space for the next 45 minutes.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Doss View Post
    I hate the skinny fat guy
    haha
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    There was a new kid who came to my gym this week. He was probably 15. The first thing he did was dumbell curls. That was all he did for 30 minutes then left. He was there again today and I asked him if he wanted to do some squats with me. He said no because he was only trying to get his arms big.
    Haha, cheaaa, your whole body will see changes from working legs.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

  20. I'd have to say A. It's annoying to hear it and you can't help but look at the grunter, only to get more annoyed at how he looks like while grunting.
    If you march thirty LI with the same object, two-thirds of your army will arrive. --The Art of War by Sun Tzu Chapter VII: Maneuvering

  21. I just grunted pretty badly at the gym. If you got a problem, you can eat my butthole, after I get done with my DC set of squats with 425 for 15 :-D
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  22. people on their phones or resting for extended periods of time while text messaging

  23. Haha . ^

    Bro, I was just updating my log on my phone and trying to find a different song to hit some PR's.

    Lol

    For me, seeing someone showing his girlfriend the wrong way to lift.
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  24. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING pisses me off more than the guys giving ****ty advice thinking they are the sh!t, when in reality all they did was read a couple of issues of Men's Health...

    The guy that is barely 160lbs telling the guy that's 135lbs "yeah bro, you need this, this, and that". Or "this is how you're supposed to do this exercise" and that being completely wrong advice. That just pisses me the **** off. Like one guy, wearing a sweet cutoff v-neck, who is telling his "brah" that for his bench press he should "bounce" the weight off his chest and give it a little bump with the chest, and take his back off the bench a bit when he does this. ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?!

    Anyways... Rant done.

    As far as asking how many sets, I gotta say, I do that, my workout is a DC workout so the cadence and the sequence of the exercises is very important, so I do ask just so I can gauge where I'm at.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  25. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING pisses me off more than the guys giving ****ty advice thinking they are the sh!t, when in reality all they did was read a couple of issues of Men's Health...

    The guy that is barely 160lbs telling the guy that's 135lbs "yeah bro, you need this, this, and that". Or "this is how you're supposed to do this exercise" and that being completely wrong advice. That just pisses me the **** off. Like one guy, wearing a sweet cutoff v-neck, who is telling his "brah" that for his bench press he should "bounce" the weight off his chest and give it a little bump with the chest, and take his back off the bench a bit when he does this. ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?!

    Anyways... Rant done.

    As far as asking how many sets, I gotta say, I do that, my workout is a DC workout so the cadence and the sequence of the exercises is very important, so I do ask just so I can gauge where I'm at.
    Did you know creatine can help you build muscle and gain strength? Oh and make sure you eat protein

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. annoying pop up
    By ambulldog in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
  2. Annoying gimmick.
    By RexGrandis in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
  3. just annoying
    By quakebks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:03 AM
  4. Annoying Finger Twitching
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. The most annoying member award goes to..
    By db682 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Log in
Log in