What's more annoying?

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%

Well since my favorite part of the gym is the mirrors I am going to have to say grunting really loud> haha. but really what annoys me is people who will do 5 sets on 1 machine and there not even big. That pisses me off. Ill be like how many more, and theyll say 5", idiots that overtrain and do 5 sets of 1 exercise....they are the worst

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

I noticed a lot of hate towards flexing, I can see that, but what about the individual hitting certain poses to prep for competition to bring out more hardness? I've noticed that when I hit certain poses after an exercise and hold it for 10-20 seconds, it tends to help out with bringing out more detail. I recall AM did an article awhile ago about the benefits of holding your poses.

As far as the screamers are concerned, probably most memorable one I recall was at 24 Hour Fitness back in 02/03 and there was a girl who always sounded like she was climaxing when she was squating on the smith lol
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Fobra View Post
    I noticed a lot of hate towards flexing, I can see that, but what about the individual hitting certain poses to prep for competition to bring out more hardness? I've noticed that when I hit certain poses after an exercise and hold it for 10-20 seconds, it tends to help out with bringing out more detail. I recall AM did an article awhile ago about the benefits of holding your poses.

As far as the screamers are concerned, probably most memorable one I recall was at 24 Hour Fitness back in 02/03 and there was a girl who always sounded like she was climaxing when she was squating on the smith lol
    was she hawt
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8%

How about the Guy who feels the need to tell you how big he "USED' to be or the guy who keeps trying to talk to you while your listening to your IPOD and just want to be left the F alone
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

The creepy guy at my gym in his 60s with a pot belly, knee high socks, and tank top who just kind of walks around the equipment you're trying to use, or the old ladies who are pressing 30 pounds on the machine and sitting there talking to each other between each "set?" Which is more annoying? I wonder this twice a week.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Neither, the guy who is hogging the weights I want...
    Hahahaha I agree with ya on this!!!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Now I usually use my home equipment but every now and then I'll go with a buddy.

The only thing that annoyed me was unsolicited advice from certain individuals on how much more weight I should be lifting because according to them I'd never get 'hyuuge' doing what they called baby weight. And asking me why I did so many squats and deads.

Course I was following the "Starting Strength" book and Bruce Lee's "Expressing the Human Body" and keeping my form and my progression reasonable.

And these were the same guys I'd see later on using a ton for their bench press and looking like they are having a stroke and a coronary at the same time while grunting like their colon is being shat out.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.33%

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaharaja View Post
    was she hawt
    meh... I guess she was ok, probably in her 30's at the time. Every time she was hitting her sets, all guys heads turned in her direction and we'd all look at each other like WTF lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. annoying pop up
    By ambulldog in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
  2. Annoying gimmick.
    By RexGrandis in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
  3. just annoying
    By quakebks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:03 AM
  4. Annoying Finger Twitching
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. The most annoying member award goes to..
    By db682 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 05:21 PM