What's more annoying?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. (sadface)

2. Quote Originally Posted by mweaver84 View Post
    How about the people who think they are god's gift to the gym, complaining about everything ppl do do wrong at the gym on these forums... Complaining about people who are most likely new to the gym just makes you sound like a jackass fyi

And I'm not referring to the OP, those are annoying gotta go with "b" there.
    I hear ya. I dont like focusing on negative topics of conversation but this had my curiosity. As for the new-guy mistakes, typing up a storm on a forum doesnt accomplish much. Id like to think I do a good job in helping educate them to make improvements. But sometimes you just wanna go AHHHHH!!!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

3. lol for sure. I totally agree with your posts on here, but some of the other people just need to settle down. Pretty much everyone is at gym to get in shape, which I gotta respect, even if they aren't doing everything right I know they are they trying to better themselves. I know some of my friends who don't workout say they don't like going to gym because they are worried how they look to the in-shape people, and a couple of people in this thread made me think of that.

But the mirror flexers and people taking over 4 pieces can be very annoying!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by mweaver84 View Post
    lI know some of my friends who don't workout say they don't like going to gym because they are worried how they look to the in-shape people, and a couple of people in this thread made me think of that.

But the mirror flexers and people taking over 4 pieces can be very annoying!!
    Ive heard that. I've always told friends that people look more to see that your consistent and trying to make progress and better yourself and not so much how you look. No one was born with 22" guns at 8%, they had to started from ground zero too...except Chuck Norris.

I try to be considerate when utilizing mirrors. You know, hit a front double bicep right behind a guy who feeling self conscious about his stickly arms. Might get in the way of some equipment too.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

5. There was a new kid who came to my gym this week. He was probably 15. The first thing he did was dumbell curls. That was all he did for 30 minutes then left. He was there again today and I asked him if he wanted to do some squats with me. He said no because he was only trying to get his arms big.
    •   

6. Priceless

Since I've learn to love leg days... my whole body has responded drastically
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition

7. I hate the skinny fat guy in there showing his buddies how to perform every exercise he knows...with improper form. Then these 3 guys butcher exercises and hog space for the next 45 minutes.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doss View Post
    I hate the skinny fat guy
    haha
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

9. Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    There was a new kid who came to my gym this week. He was probably 15. The first thing he did was dumbell curls. That was all he did for 30 minutes then left. He was there again today and I asked him if he wanted to do some squats with me. He said no because he was only trying to get his arms big.
    Haha, cheaaa, your whole body will see changes from working legs.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

10. I'd have to say A. It's annoying to hear it and you can't help but look at the grunter, only to get more annoyed at how he looks like while grunting.
    If you march thirty LI with the same object, two-thirds of your army will arrive. --The Art of War by Sun Tzu Chapter VII: Maneuvering

11. I just grunted pretty badly at the gym. If you got a problem, you can eat my butthole, after I get done with my DC set of squats with 425 for 15 :-D
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

12. people on their phones or resting for extended periods of time while text messaging

13. Haha . ^

Bro, I was just updating my log on my phone and trying to find a different song to hit some PR's.

Lol

For me, seeing someone showing his girlfriend the wrong way to lift.
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition

14. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING pisses me off more than the guys giving ****ty advice thinking they are the sh!t, when in reality all they did was read a couple of issues of Men's Health...

The guy that is barely 160lbs telling the guy that's 135lbs "yeah bro, you need this, this, and that". Or "this is how you're supposed to do this exercise" and that being completely wrong advice. That just pisses me the **** off. Like one guy, wearing a sweet cutoff v-neck, who is telling his "brah" that for his bench press he should "bounce" the weight off his chest and give it a little bump with the chest, and take his back off the bench a bit when he does this. ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?!

Anyways... Rant done.

As far as asking how many sets, I gotta say, I do that, my workout is a DC workout so the cadence and the sequence of the exercises is very important, so I do ask just so I can gauge where I'm at.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING pisses me off more than the guys giving ****ty advice thinking they are the sh!t, when in reality all they did was read a couple of issues of Men's Health...

The guy that is barely 160lbs telling the guy that's 135lbs "yeah bro, you need this, this, and that". Or "this is how you're supposed to do this exercise" and that being completely wrong advice. That just pisses me the **** off. Like one guy, wearing a sweet cutoff v-neck, who is telling his "brah" that for his bench press he should "bounce" the weight off his chest and give it a little bump with the chest, and take his back off the bench a bit when he does this. ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?!

Anyways... Rant done.

As far as asking how many sets, I gotta say, I do that, my workout is a DC workout so the cadence and the sequence of the exercises is very important, so I do ask just so I can gauge where I'm at.
    Did you know creatine can help you build muscle and gain strength? Oh and make sure you eat protein

16. Nothing annoys me more. Then the skinnest kid in the gym who. Seems to think hes the biggest there and walks around with the imagery sheep under his arms. Whos as rude as hell. With the biggest ego. And when ur lifting will walk in the way of the mirror and start flexing his 5 inch bie and looking to make sure every one can see. The lifts just the bar and screams the gym down ( rant over )

17. I don't mind the dudes that constantly check their abs in the mirrors...but don't do it in my field of view when I am in the middle of a squat set. I have to cancel the set because it's impossible to concentrate while the "Situation" show is going on. Front, sides, and then the Zoolander face, *$&^ dude you look ridiculous.

The other thing that makes me bonkers are the dudes that drop the barbell on the floor after the last 1/2 rep of deadlifts, and then follow up with a giant hooting grunt. I have to stop myself from telling them that lowering the bar to the floor is part of the rep.

18. i love the guys who do DB rows right in front of the dumbell rack. its like they want their ass in your view.

19. I do dumbell rows off the rack? We got a problem bro? Im trying to rep 100s for 25 plus reps, and your saying u dont wanna check out my glutes? Homo

20. Quote Originally Posted by GaDawgs29
    I think its more annoying to the guy walking around giving advice on technique when he then does butt bobbs as squats and rocks his bicep curls and then grunts while doing it.
    ^this^... I had worked for several years as an ACSM certified trainer and couldn't believe how many club members would offer unsolicited advice to other members, typically female. I would occasionally take them aside and kindly inform them that any injuries that result from their "advice" can land them in a world of problems. It was a kind way to asking them to stop sexually harassing female guest who were CLEARLY uncomfortable with their advances under the guise of advice.

21. Well since my favorite part of the gym is the mirrors I am going to have to say grunting really loud> haha. but really what annoys me is people who will do 5 sets on 1 machine and there not even big. That pisses me off. Ill be like how many more, and theyll say 5", idiots that overtrain and do 5 sets of 1 exercise....they are the worst

22. I noticed a lot of hate towards flexing, I can see that, but what about the individual hitting certain poses to prep for competition to bring out more hardness? I've noticed that when I hit certain poses after an exercise and hold it for 10-20 seconds, it tends to help out with bringing out more detail. I recall AM did an article awhile ago about the benefits of holding your poses.

As far as the screamers are concerned, probably most memorable one I recall was at 24 Hour Fitness back in 02/03 and there was a girl who always sounded like she was climaxing when she was squating on the smith lol

23. Quote Originally Posted by Fobra View Post
    I noticed a lot of hate towards flexing, I can see that, but what about the individual hitting certain poses to prep for competition to bring out more hardness? I've noticed that when I hit certain poses after an exercise and hold it for 10-20 seconds, it tends to help out with bringing out more detail. I recall AM did an article awhile ago about the benefits of holding your poses.

As far as the screamers are concerned, probably most memorable one I recall was at 24 Hour Fitness back in 02/03 and there was a girl who always sounded like she was climaxing when she was squating on the smith lol
    was she hawt

24. How about the Guy who feels the need to tell you how big he "USED' to be or the guy who keeps trying to talk to you while your listening to your IPOD and just want to be left the F alone

25. The creepy guy at my gym in his 60s with a pot belly, knee high socks, and tank top who just kind of walks around the equipment you're trying to use, or the old ladies who are pressing 30 pounds on the machine and sitting there talking to each other between each "set?" Which is more annoying? I wonder this twice a week.

26. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Neither, the guy who is hogging the weights I want...
    Hahahaha I agree with ya on this!!!

27. Now I usually use my home equipment but every now and then I'll go with a buddy.

The only thing that annoyed me was unsolicited advice from certain individuals on how much more weight I should be lifting because according to them I'd never get 'hyuuge' doing what they called baby weight. And asking me why I did so many squats and deads.

Course I was following the "Starting Strength" book and Bruce Lee's "Expressing the Human Body" and keeping my form and my progression reasonable.

And these were the same guys I'd see later on using a ton for their bench press and looking like they are having a stroke and a coronary at the same time while grunting like their colon is being shat out.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)

28. Quote Originally Posted by TheMaharaja View Post
    was she hawt
    meh... I guess she was ok, probably in her 30's at the time. Every time she was hitting her sets, all guys heads turned in her direction and we'd all look at each other like WTF lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. annoying pop up
    By ambulldog in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
  2. Annoying gimmick.
    By RexGrandis in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
  3. just annoying
    By quakebks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:03 AM
  4. Annoying Finger Twitching
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. The most annoying member award goes to..
    By db682 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 05:21 PM