looking for a nice 5 day split!

1. looking for a nice 5 day split!

I have currently been on jamie lewis chaos and pain for a few months now and im kinda lookin to change things up a bit!

2. any help would be appreciated, im no beginner, i would classify me as intermediate, i have trained about 3.5 years, im 5'11 192 pounds
    •   

3. Look up Layne Norton's PHAT program.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. dude i just looked at that and fell in love! this is for me, all 3 to 5 reps mostly, many sets, dude amazing, thanks bro!

5. It's a rough split, but I've never heard anyone say anything bad about it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. only things i may have to cutsomize is a few exercises, the hack squats i cannot do, my home gym now commercial gym has a hack squat machine!

7. yeah it looks like pure hell, we will find out monday haha!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's a rough split, but I've never heard anyone say anything bad about it.
    Have you tried it yourself rodja?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

9. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    No, I have not. A tad too much volume for me without some "assistance."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    No, I have not. A tad too much volume for me without some "assistance."
    I was thinking it wouldnt be a bad routine for while on a cycle as recovery should be great but wasnt sure. Most post I have read on it have all been positive but I would like to get some feedback from someone I trust then a random forum guy. 5/3/1 and WS4SB is my bread and butter routines.. Every time I try something new I end up dissatisfied and end up going back to one of those

11. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I was thinking it wouldnt be a bad routine for while on a cycle as recovery should be great but wasnt sure. Most post I have read on it have all been positive but I would like to get some feedback from someone I trust then a random forum guy. 5/3/1 and WS4SB is my bread and butter routines.. Every time I try something new I end up dissatisfied and end up going back to one of those
    I'm in the same boat. I rotate back and forth between these two depending on what I have going on at the time.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. Thanks to both of you guys, recovery shouldnt be an issue, i drink intrabolic and creatine during my workouts, and i have 10 scoops of scivation xtend in a gallon jug i drink throughout the day

13. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I used a modified version of it back when I was bodybuilding. And have prescribed similar formats to clients.

Br

14. do you guys think there is enough compound exercises in this routine though?

15. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

531 seems to have that affect on ppl lol, I was running it with good results until I broke my arm, so now that I'm back lifting and starting to compete again, I've jumped on a high volume routine, my body seems to respond well from volume 15-20sets on major and 12-15 minor, 5 days rest on muscle groups.

Wow talk about off topic sittin on the lounge with my iPhone bored as lmao

Phat was good for me but I just enjoy working the muscles once a week.
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"

16. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I used a modified version of it back when I was bodybuilding. And have prescribed similar formats to clients.

Br
    mind sharing?

email or PM it to me bud

17. Similar format...

Upper body strength
    Lower body strength
    Rest
    Horizontal hypertrophy
    Vertical hypertrophy
    Lower body hypertrophy
    Rest

I got even funkier with the mods to include some NLP in it, such that

Weeks 1-3

UBP 2-4 reps
    LBP 4-5 reps
    Horizontal 10-12 reps
    Vertical 8-10 reps
    LBH 12-16 reps

Weeks 4-6
    UBP 4-5 reps
    LBP 2-4 reps
    Horizontal 12-16 reps
    Vertical 10-12 reps
    LBH 8-10 reps

Weeks 7-9
    UBP doubles
    LBP singles
    Horizontal 8-10
    Vertical 12-16
    LBH 10-12

Week 10 - deload
    2 full body sessions. 1 exercise per muscle group 2 x 8 with weight used for 16 reps

Assistance/ancillary movements, and hypertrophy movements were rotated every micro cycles

Br

18. Quote Originally Posted by BIG_DOGSTATUS View Post
    do you guys think there is enough compound exercises in this routine though?
    How is there not enough compound movements?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 3day split to 4day split for fat loss?
    By SamuraiSid in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
  2. Nice!
    By Aggravated in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 02:45 PM
  3. sometimes nice isent nice.......
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 12:52 AM