looking for a nice 5 day split!

BIG_DOGSTATUS

Awards
I have currently been on jamie lewis chaos and pain for a few months now and im kinda lookin to change things up a bit!

BIG_DOGSTATUS

Awards
any help would be appreciated, im no beginner, i would classify me as intermediate, i have trained about 3.5 years, im 5'11 192 pounds

BIG_DOGSTATUS

Awards
dude i just looked at that and fell in love! this is for me, all 3 to 5 reps mostly, many sets, dude amazing, thanks bro!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a rough split, but I've never heard anyone say anything bad about it.

BIG_DOGSTATUS

Awards
only things i may have to cutsomize is a few exercises, the hack squats i cannot do, my home gym now commercial gym has a hack squat machine!

BIG_DOGSTATUS

Awards
yeah it looks like pure hell, we will find out monday haha!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I have not. A tad too much volume for me without some "assistance."
I was thinking it wouldnt be a bad routine for while on a cycle as recovery should be great but wasnt sure. Most post I have read on it have all been positive but I would like to get some feedback from someone I trust then a random forum guy. 5/3/1 and WS4SB is my bread and butter routines.. Every time I try something new I end up dissatisfied and end up going back to one of those

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking it wouldnt be a bad routine for while on a cycle as recovery should be great but wasnt sure. Most post I have read on it have all been positive but I would like to get some feedback from someone I trust then a random forum guy. 5/3/1 and WS4SB is my bread and butter routines.. Every time I try something new I end up dissatisfied and end up going back to one of those
I'm in the same boat. I rotate back and forth between these two depending on what I have going on at the time.

BIG_DOGSTATUS

Awards
Thanks to both of you guys, recovery shouldnt be an issue, i drink intrabolic and creatine during my workouts, and i have 10 scoops of scivation xtend in a gallon jug i drink throughout the day

BIG_DOGSTATUS

Awards
do you guys think there is enough compound exercises in this routine though?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
531 seems to have that affect on ppl lol, I was running it with good results until I broke my arm, so now that I'm back lifting and starting to compete again, I've jumped on a high volume routine, my body seems to respond well from volume 15-20sets on major and 12-15 minor, 5 days rest on muscle groups.

Wow talk about off topic sittin on the lounge with my iPhone bored as lmao

Phat was good for me but I just enjoy working the muscles once a week.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used a modified version of it back when I was bodybuilding. And have prescribed similar formats to clients.

Br
mind sharing?

email or PM it to me bud

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Similar format...

Upper body strength
Lower body strength
Rest
Horizontal hypertrophy
Vertical hypertrophy
Lower body hypertrophy
Rest

I got even funkier with the mods to include some NLP in it, such that

Weeks 1-3

UBP 2-4 reps
LBP 4-5 reps
Horizontal 10-12 reps
Vertical 8-10 reps
LBH 12-16 reps

Weeks 4-6
UBP 4-5 reps
LBP 2-4 reps
Horizontal 12-16 reps
Vertical 10-12 reps
LBH 8-10 reps

Weeks 7-9
UBP doubles
LBP singles
Horizontal 8-10
Vertical 12-16
LBH 10-12

Week 10 - deload
2 full body sessions. 1 exercise per muscle group 2 x 8 with weight used for 16 reps

Assistance/ancillary movements, and hypertrophy movements were rotated every micro cycles

Br