Best gyms!!

  1. Best gyms!!


    Im not a bodybuilder nor do aspire to be one.genetics aren't there. Lol. I just love being active in shape and as strong as I can make myself.. What gyms do you think are the best for average Joes like myself.. I'm not talking aboutthe hardcore underground gyms even though i think I would like that environment.. I personally like powerhouse gym.. There's a lot of hardcore lifter some compete in both powerlifting and bodybuilding and there's also the people who run forever on the treadmill. What does everyone else think


  2. 24 hour fitness. To me, it's a great gym at a great price. La Fitness is nice too, but they charge too much

  3. Go to costco.... 300$s for 2 years to 24hr fitness, best deal you'll get
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by anabolocreg
    Go to costco.... 300$s for 2 years to 24hr fitness, best deal you'll get
    I heard that twice now. Only thing is I don't know if I'll be living in the same area to find a 24, where my main home is there is no 24. Ballys sux.

    Quote Originally Posted by matt8483
    24 hour fitness. To me, it's a great gym at a great price. La Fitness is nice too, but they charge too much
    x2 although LA is nice.
    Right now I currently go to 24 hour fitness. I was there until 1am
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  5. I go to a small gym near my house. $5.99/month. Doesn't get any better than that. I've been thinking of joining Gold's though since they have swimming pool and different classes.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by fadi
    I go to a small gym near my house. $5.99/month. Doesn't get any better than that. I've been thinking of joining Gold's though since they have swimming pool and different classes.
    Is that a joke or typo, bro? 5.99/month for a real weight room?

    I go to a local gym, Lafollette Fitness. They sell a key to the place for 200 bucks a year. I love going in at night and having the place to myself. They have a kickass sound system and I just plug in the pod and get lost in the zone. It is a nice place. There are not a ton of machines, but all I care for. It is free weight heaven. I like it because it keeps the pussies and moms away. They tend to go to the place across the street that is shiny, filled with machines, sweet smelling, and that plays Shania Twain.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by weavedogg View Post
    Is that a joke or typo, bro? 5.99/month for a real weight room?

    I go to a local gym, Lafollette Fitness. They sell a key to the place for 200 bucks a year. I love going in at night and having the place to myself. They have a kickass sound system and I just plug in the pod and get lost in the zone. It is a nice place. There are not a ton of machines, but all I care for. It is free weight heaven. I like it because it keeps the pussies and moms away. They tend to go to the place across the street that is shiny, filled with machines, sweet smelling, and that plays Shania Twain.
    Not a typo. $6/month. The place is called Fitness 19

  8. ive been to anytime fitness, 24, golds, ballys, and LA. i go to LA right now. hate 24 cause its packed always. ballys uses cheap equipment, golds is good, and anytime never has anybody there so it gets boring
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  9. i hate 24 hour but i go there. cheap asses never use the AC.

  10. A Metroflex affiliate just opened up 10 miles away from my house. I'll be going there once I heal up.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. Quote Originally Posted by matt8483 View Post
    24 hour fitness. To me, it's a great gym at a great price. La Fitness is nice too, but they charge too much
    Agreed i have been going to 24 hour fitness for 4 years now and love it, the one i go to is a sport so its a little on the small side but i love it great staff too. LA fitness are snobs not only the staff but ive noticed alot of the people that work out there also (no offence if anyone here works out there lol) at least the one by my place anyway. LA is actually closer to me but i drive out on my way about 10 minutes to work out at 24 hour.

  12. The best gym is your own,no waiting,can do circuit training,Always open,only your own ass sweat on everything.

    Takes awhile to build up but well worth it in the long run.
    Alot of deals in local papers,sales ect
    Took me about 3yrs to get everything i got now(smith/power rack,dip station,adjustable dumbells,850lb olympic weights,all attachments,ect)
    Still joined the ymca for the pool,indoor track,and occ lifting session($30 a month)

  13. Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova
    The best gym is your own,no waiting,can do circuit training,Always open,only your own ass sweat on everything.

    Takes awhile to build up but well worth it in the long run.
    Alot of deals in local papers,sales ect
    Took me about 3yrs to get everything i got now(smith/power rack,dip station,adjustable dumbells,850lb olympic weights,all attachments,ect)
    Still joined the ymca for the pool,indoor track,and occ lifting session($30 a month)
    Haha word I wish I had money for that.. My boy has a squat rack with a bench do sometimes we bust it out in his basement (no homo)

  14. Quote Originally Posted by weavedogg

    Is that a joke or typo, bro? 5.99/month for a real weight room?

    I go to a local gym, Lafollette Fitness. They sell a key to the place for 200 bucks a year. I love going in at night and having the place to myself. They have a kickass sound system and I just plug in the pod and get lost in the zone. It is a nice place. There are not a ton of machines, but all I care for. It is free weight heaven. I like it because it keeps the pussies and moms away. They tend to go to the place across the street that is shiny, filled with machines, sweet smelling, and that plays Shania Twain.
    This sounds like a gym I would love. I go to golds gym which I enjoy but it is commercial. I may have to look for a serious gym in my area. I place with all metal plates and not 40000 TVs. I have 4 gym memberships though but golds is the best out of the 4. I only pay for the Golds membership though. The other 3 are hook ups.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Home Gyms
    By mrchristian in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 02:16 PM
  2. Gyms around DC area?
    By Distilled Water in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
  3. Best gyms / good gyms in NYC?
    By Gutterpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
  4. Gyms and memberships
    By bassgirl in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 11:48 PM
  5. LA Gyms
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Log in
Log in