What u guys think ?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Well I kinda made up my own workout routine and wanted to get some thoughts on it. It's pretty basic I do mainly compounds and my target is 45 reps. I aim to get 15 reps on my first set but I try to do 45 reps no matter how many sets I have to do. When I can do 15 reps in three sets I up the weight. I do 2 body parts per session. Chest tris, back bis, shoulders abs, then legs. Example on chest day I'll do bench press then dips and I'll usually try to do another tri exercise if I can. I only rest 1 minute in between sets. I think I covered it all if yall have any questions or comments please feel free.

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
I like your 5 day split but are you only going to hit flat bench and dips for your chest routine?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Yeah on my first chest day then next time it comes around I change it up to incline and one more exercise for that day

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
I think you are not doing enough lifts for your designated body parts. Whether you are trying to build muscle or cut up you need to work hard in the gym. You need to tear up your muscles literally. Breaking down the muscle fibers is important and with the workout you are describing I don't think you are doing enough tearing. That goes for all your body parts. You are giving your body a complete 7 days of rest between each body part. So go hard in the gym and work all angles of all muscles. Even if you are just starting in the gym. I would keep it basic. You could do 3 sets for each lift and since are already doing higher sets you can go 15,12,10 increasing your weight with each set. I would follow this rep range and try to do a minimum of 3 lifts per muscle group. So for your chest try and do flat bench, incline bench, and a decline bench or chest flys all in one workout. Your body will definitely recover with the 7 days rest it has in between. Make sure you are getting good pre and post workout meals.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I get what u saying but it's crazy tho cause I've been working out seriously for about a year now I've been off and on for years and tried everything but with this I'm actually getting sore again. I know it seems like it's not alot but I do 90 reps for each bodypart and I've also learned how to drop some weight and really focus on going slow and perfecting my form

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Well it's all about results. If you see results with what you are doing then keep it going.