Article on DC training

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. subbed. Awesome read!

2. Thanks guys. I really love dc as well
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

use code "R1balla" to receive a discount
    •   

3. Did my first two DC workouts, and I noticed I had to drop some weight...could not do the RP with my normal weight. And I felt a good pump/ache, recovery was much faster too!
    So I guess I'm killing myself (balls to wall) but not over killing myself to the point that my recovery takes 2-3 days.
    Those straight 20 rps on box squats is a killer!!

4. 20 rep squats are insane. My favorite way of tackling them is I get to 10, and usually I can get to 12. Once I get there I just tell myself in my head "just 2 more," and so on until 20. Box squats really take it out of you, though. I think once you start box squatting like 425lbs you can probably do smaller widowmakers in the range of 15 reps. Because at that point you're tearing out your hamstrings and nailing them to the ****ing cross.

5. Quote Originally Posted by 808Pump View Post
    Did my first two DC workouts, and I noticed I had to drop some weight...could not do the RP with my normal weight. And I felt a good pump/ache, recovery was much faster too!
    So I guess I'm killing myself (balls to wall) but not over killing myself to the point that my recovery takes 2-3 days.
    Those straight 20 rps on box squats is a killer!!
    yeah, your gonna have to drop your weight a bit. but once you stay on DC for a while and go back to normal training, you will see your results and they will be awesome

6. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    yeah, your gonna have to drop your weight a bit. but once you stay on DC for a while and go back to normal training, you will see your results and they will be awesome
    Yeah...that's what I'm looking at as my goal...the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Today a little ache in the calve, quads, and glutes. My upper forearms are also feeling it, as well as my biceps. What I did to stretch my biceps was sit on an inclined bench, lean back holding a 35lb db in each arm and let the stretch happen for a minute...I thought my arms were going to fall off!! That was a set in it's self!
    Tomorrow....A-2 workout!

7. i also like to get a 30 pound DB and rotate my wrist freely and it stretches out your forearm and bicep as well. i do this in between back sets and bicep sets

8. Anybody got any good back width stretches other than the hanging from a pullup bar with a heavy weight? I'm not a huge fan of that stretch and it feels like it hits my forearms trying to grip tight to hold myself there than it actually stretches my back at all. Trying to find some alternatives.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MB35 View Post
    Anybody got any good back width stretches other than the hanging from a pullup bar with a heavy weight? I'm not a huge fan of that stretch and it feels like it hits my forearms trying to grip tight to hold myself there than it actually stretches my back at all. Trying to find some alternatives.
    You gotta get some wrist wraps for that. Or alternatively, I've done it with enough weight to satisfactorily stretch my back by using a hook grip on the pullup bar. That stretch is amazing.

10. So as a little follow up on the stretch thing, I did my workout B1 today which is Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back Width/Back Thick. Decided to take the advice and use my straps on the hang. It worked and jesus i've never felt such a stretch in that area of my back. So for anyone with my problem, straps are definitely the way to go.

Also today I decided between my Shoulder Press and stretching of the shoulder to throw in a set of light weight very slow side lateral raises(10 reps with 20lbs). I figured maybe it would help stretch a bit and add a little oomph to my side delts. Does that sound ok or do you think it would be detrimental to do it regularly?
    •   

11. Don't add anything to it. Do the program as it is laid out, for a LONG time.

12. Can I swap back and legs I hate doing WG pull ups after doing chest and tris. For whatever reason it kills my triceps. Or is the WO written up like it is for a reason. Thanks.

13. I'm having my hours increased like crazy at work at the moment and am thinking I need to swap out to the 3 way split. I've run the 2 way for a good 2.5yrs now and although I don't really want to change it, time constraints are permitting it.

I figure since I have to do it I might as well use it to bring up some lagging body parts. Ideally I need to hit my chest and back width HARD. What do you guys think is the past way to go about doing this on the 3 way?
    **Follow my battle clinically low test with H-DROL! Read my story to find out how, why, and everything in between:**
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/192907-losing-my-ph.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by MB35
    Anybody got any good back width stretches other than the hanging from a pullup bar with a heavy weight? I'm not a huge fan of that stretch and it feels like it hits my forearms trying to grip tight to hold myself there than it actually stretches my back at all. Trying to find some alternatives.
    Honestly, the only things I do for back is holding the dumbbell when doing db pullover and pulling on two dbs that are placed on the rack

15. When I take off from dc, I just do a b. Workouts with the chest/squats / tri and then for B workout I do back/deads/bi

Similar Forum Threads

1. Training article for PCT?
    By chainsaw in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 03:34 PM