rest between sets
- 12-23-2011, 09:34 AM
- 12-23-2011, 05:44 PM
bulking range is more like 6-12 than 5-8. your rest periods are fine though. you can take up to 90 seconds if needed on isos.
- 12-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Since I've used DC type rest-pause I noticed better strength increases. I since then went on to experiment with 30, 45, 60, 90, and 120. I found that I respond better to shorter rest periods. I will be using 30 sec rest periods moving forward.
The big problem with short rest periods is that I could hardly do the second set with the same weights let alone do a third set. So I've been pyramiding down with shorter rest periods. I do take full rest after squats, deads, and 60 for rows and pullups.
I would love to hear more discussion on this topic as well.
Similar Forum Threads
- By DB21 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 32Last Post: 06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
- By jumpshot903 in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
- By gidemon in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2009, 09:29 PM
- By manifesto in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 14Last Post: 07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
- By lazerss9 in forum BulkingReplies: 5Last Post: 06-20-2007, 10:19 PM