Traveling

winston09

winston09

Awards
I have recently moved my way into The corporate world, that being said this adds a lot of stress to my training. salary job means I work a lot of hours and spend 3-5 days on the road. The typical amenities like a gym is far and in between availability for me to train. So I'm looking for some thoughts in how I can train, cycle and make the gains I need to be a beast on the stage. I've been thinking that possibly resistance bands would be a good purchase, but I'm not sure that Is the best answer? I have a friend who brings weights with him but my typical travel rig is a Honda CRV and well bringing a gym isn't in the picture. Any thoughts?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Aren't there gyms where you can buy a membership and have access to any of their gyms around the country? I imagine where you are going they will have some of the big chain names in nearby locations.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hotels that they put you up at usually have nice gyms. Scouting ahead for gyms that you can buy a day pass too helps a lot as well.

winston09

winston09

Awards
Well in the perfect world a gym would work, but I'm looking at worst case scenarios like late nights and r inability to find a gym. We do frequent tiny ass towns

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hotels that they put you up at usually have nice gyms. Scouting ahead for gyms that you can buy a day pass too helps a lot as well.
if you count 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 2 bikes and dumbbells up to 45lbs as nice.....

I use LA fitness, they have a lot of locations and most of them are open from 6am - 9pm so if you can't hit it at night, you can in the morning before you start the day.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you count 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 2 bikes and dumbbells up to 45lbs as nice.....

I use LA fitness, they have a lot of locations and most of them are open from 6am - 9pm so if you can't hit it at night, you can in the morning before you start the day.
For a hotel, yeah I would consider that nice. It's better then just two treadmills......

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
The Tower 200 or X-Factor are pretty decent band systems for a portable gym back-up.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buy a couple kettle bells. You could pack them in a CRV pretty easy and can do just about any lift you want with them. You could go with something like 2 sets of whatever weight you think would work best for your abilities like 45s and 75s or get 1 set same weight and the 2nd set be 2 dif weights.