Chest....very strong but doesnt look like it. help

BigKoolWhip

BigKoolWhip

Awards
hey guys. im 20 6'2" 230lbs i maxed out yesterday at 405. DB 120 for about 6 reps. I can out bench many that are my size or bigger but my chest doesnt look near as big/defined as others. im around 12% BF but i hold alot of my fat in my stomach. my compound lifts, i do 5x5. accessory lifts i do reps 8 - 12 and focus on form. any help?

cg123

Awards
Do more reps and pushups etc more volume training rather than low rep for size and strength. Also. How do u increase your bench so well? Please let me know thanks

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
cut more bf and start doing higher rep DBs.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Honestly, spend 20 bucks on some
Perfect pushups, I **** you not, you'll see a lil somethin somethin if ya add that to your workout or at home workout, also try hit decline/incline heavy to shape it

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he works out with me at my gym. we just got off DC training. now we are doing same routine as DC, but different reps and stuff. like for chest, we will do 5x5 on Bench Press then on incline DB we will go 8 - 12. idk what his deal is. hes pretty strong, just his chest doesnt show it. i didnt know what to do. form is perfect, doesnt arch back or anything

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do more reps and pushups etc more volume training rather than low rep for size and strength. Also. How do u increase your bench so well? Please let me know thanks
constantly changing number of reps, number of sets, different exercises each time. never do the same thing twice in a row.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In many cases I have found this be a muscular imbalance/posturial deviation issue. Are your front delts really well developed in comparison to the pecs? Are your shoulders pulled forward.

There's a length-tension relationship that is lost in the pecs if this is the case.

Br

str8jacked23

str8jacked23

Awards
At 6'1" & 230 I too also had this same problem. I lowered my rep weight and increased to 12-15 reps @ 4 sets ea. I also started alternating DB's and really mixed in the incline/decline more so than FB. My chest responded almost immediately.
Hope it helps.

survey

Awards
my chest started taking shape when I added incline bench and dips to my chest routine. Incline bench with a shoulder width grip really brought out my upper chest and dips helped with my lower chest. also do close grip pushups at the end of your chest routine. Mix things up and have fun with it. Go big and you'll get results.

BigKoolWhip

BigKoolWhip

Awards
we do some form of incline and dips weekly.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
For me it goes back to form. I see guys that "try" to bench large amounts of weight or boost of big numbers but their form sucks. Not saying this is you... I bench much less than most of my friends but have a larger more developed chest. Whats my key? FORM... on pressing exercises pin those shoulders back (as your press don't let them come forward) and chest high. Under control, lower the weight and when you press make sure you are using your chest and at the top squeeze your pecs and then repeat. Also make sure you up the rep range nothing less than 8 but no more than 12. Remember what Kai says... I am not a weight lifter... I am a bodybuilder!