Seroquel and strength gains??

KTRAIN

Awards
i was just wondering if anyone has ever taken the drug Seroquel and if so did it affect your strength? Im a 26 male and ive been training since 2007. My doctor had me on seroquel and it seemed like it made me really strong when i was taking it. I stopped taking it about 6 months ago and it just seems like my strength is way below where it used to be. Im wondering if i was stonger because i weighed 30 pounds more. Anyways if anyone has any knowledge or experience concerning this topic id love to hear thank you

AdtheRock

Awards
This sounds quite interesting to me, considering Seroquil is a drug that contains the stimulant "Quetiapine". Quetiapine has a aromatic molecular structure bound to Nitrogens, Carbons, Hydrogens and connected to a Carboxylate group. With this being said, this drug has been used predominately in mental illness. By balancing out the neurons and dopamine and serotonin levels in your brain, this drug is suppose to "balance" these levels. From what I am seeing, there is no direct connection to muscle strength nor stamina with dopamine or seratonin to muscle strength. There is clinical studies directly connecting it to bone mass, as well as bone strength. On the other hand, there is also a direct connection with Quetiapine to increasing energy endurance, through firing faster synapses in your brain this could cause an increase in energetic activity. From what you are implying I feel this could connect your phenomena. I am no doctor nor a professional on this topic, I have done some research and this is what I found. I hope it helps, good luck.

KTRAIN

Awards
for example...7 weeks ago i stared epistane 30/40/40/40 when completed i started epitest by powerlab 15mg epi/20mg pmag @ 2x/day and 3x on workdays(about4x per wk) but im still have less strength than when i was on the serouquel... i could press 250 for reps now im luckey to press 225. how effective are PHs after you use AASs it just seems like neither one of these for me has done anything this cycle. I eat pretty good and have been strength traing with low rep high weight workouts to try to get my strength back up to where it was but i feel like im pissing in the wind. this was my thinking and someone please check it... when i was on the seroquel i weighed 250 right now 215 i think that the additional 30lbs i was carrying around from the meds i was taking has something to do with my strength level. Also ive heard that seroquel affects insulin production and and the amount of glucose that your muscles can store could this play a role in strength issue?

AdtheRock

Awards
I go to school for Health Sciences at Chicago State, I will ask my professor if he understands this connection. I will get back to my tonight when I get back from school. This is very interesting.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bump to see what Adrocks's prof says.

Personally, I think the weight loss played a big role in the loss of strength.

Br

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Bump to see what Adrocks's prof says.

Personally, I think the weight loss played a big role in the loss of strength.

Br
definitely