Form Check...Yes another one. Incline Bench at 30 degree

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
incline30degree.mp4 video by BrainStorm_wow - Photobucket Front view
I know in the video it looks like I'm benching flat, but that's just the angle, since the platform I put the camera on was slightly lower than the bench. The spots where I can put the camera are limited and I have no spotter to help film. What I would like you guys to critique is 1. How low I'm going and 2. arm placement. After my third set I tried benching the same weight flat and it felt somewhat easier, but since I'm used to benching incline now it felt very awkward.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I noticed that I have long form arms and even on flat benching it seems that it's good to go slightly above my chest. I'm talking 1" nothing to crazy, but I've also noticed that when I do dumbbell flat presses, even if I go all the way down the dumbbells still seem like they're way above my chest. I'll have to post another video of that next week since my workout was cut short last night since my bicep was hurting too bad. For the record from where my forearm begins to my wrist is almost 11". I don't know if that is considerable long for forearms.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
lol as u said it does look like the bench is flat, form wise looks ok, arms are at 90degrees, i would just try get that bar right under you chin and as low as possible to your chest...

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
lol as u said it does look like the bench is flat, form wise looks ok, arms are at 90degrees, i would just try get that bar right under you chin and as low as possible to your chest...
Looked like the bar was about an inch above my chest to me, maybe a tad bit higher. I know this was not the best angle. Plus my right bicep was hurting bad, so that may have messed up my form a little.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Grip looked right. Hard to tell elbow angle with where the camera was placed. Be interesting to see it propped up behind you.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
My opinion, I'd say elbows seem
They could be tucked in a little more to relieve some shoulder pain/effort, so more force on your tri's. Other then that, seems legit.