Why Am I Feeling Sick?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not sure about the factors if I'm not resting enough between sets. If I'm trying to lift too heavy for too many weights or in pre work out meal is not enough or too soon.

For you guys out there do you ever get a slight head ache while lifting or body feeling a bit stressed and tired, over worked, exhausted.

I want to continue to make this fun and have energy during my work outs and not make it always feel like a chore.

Any tips? What's makes you guys feel sick from lifting if you ever do?

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
don't eat 2-3 hours before working out. I know you read alot about pre-workout meals but even Kai Greene goes 3 hours or longer without eating before working out. It plain makes him sick if eats too close to training. Besides you get a better hormonal response training with a empty belly

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
don't eat 2-3 hours before working out. I know you read alot about pre-workout meals but even Kai Greene goes 3 hours or longer without eating before working out. It plain makes him sick if eats too close to training. Besides you get a better hormonal response training with a empty belly
Kai Greene is dee man.

He goes intense working out for him almost makes him pass out.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
try that. I have low normal test levels and I still manage to look like my levels are high and get accused of juicing since the 7th grade until now and I am 34 years old. My last meal before training is 11am and I train at 3pm. thats 4 hours!! I rather train hard and intense then to have a full stomach training and half assing it in the gym. Good Luck

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
try that. I have low normal test levels and I still manage to look like my levels are high and get accused of juicing since the 7th grade until now and I am 34 years old. My last meal before training is 11am and I train at 3pm. thats 4 hours!! I rather train hard and intense then to have a full stomach training and half assing it in the gym. Good Luck
Sounds true.
Wonder if there are some more causes affecting me.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Aaron, when do you usually eat pre-workout? And what? If you're taking a strong multivitamin that might be it. I take a MegaMen's Energy multivitamin and for about 2 weeks I was getting wicked headaches/nausea in the gym only to later find out it was because I was taking it too close to my workout. I thought it would give me a little more 'gas' in the gym but it did just the opposite. Hopefully we can help you out!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing FST-7 and eat about an hour before working out as that's part of the plan...some preworkout stims upset my stomach, too.

Sometimes if I'm a little bit dehydrated and do deads I'll get a wicked bad headache.

I guess I've never really gotten sick sick, tho.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes if I'm a little bit dehydrated and do deads I'll get a wicked bad headache.
I've noticed that too. Make sure you're getting plenty of water before and during your workout, Aaron.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I'm not sure if you're taking a pre-workout drink or not but I know there were a couple of brands which gave me bad nausea and headaches during my workout! it wasn't the caffeine either, I can handle loads of caffeine ... it was something else in there... one of the other stims... still not sure what it was.

AdtheRock

Awards
In my experience of headaches, I found out doing a prework and working out very intense almost to failure raises blood pressure dramatically. If you can have someone check your BP upon lifting, BP causes migraines. Alot of prework drinks have stimulants that will directly effect your systolic pressure.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Im better now.
Thx guys.
Just have to watch what I'm taking & how much.