Wtestling season

jaffy

jaffy

Awards
Hello my wrestling season will start soon and was wondering how my diet should be. Approximate my carbs/fats/protein. Thanks
Wrestling up top typing error

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
The American College of Sports Medicine has great suggestions (or guidlines) and they break it down to per kg body weight for each macro nutrient for various sports. Some questions you should ask your self is what weight class are you shooting for? how many days a week do u practice? how long typically do the sessions last? The amount of calories consumed should depend on energy expenditure, which has several factors and varies for every individual.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I don't know how much of a choice you have, but wrestling near your current weight would be ideal IMO....

That being said get about 1 gram per pound in protein... about 0.5 to 1 grams per pound of quality fats (Omega's, etc)then the rest are fibrous and complex carbs up to your total caloric intake (which for maintenance would be about 12x your bodyweight in calories)

jaffy

jaffy

Awards
The American College of Sports Medicine has great suggestions (or guidlines) and they break it down to per kg body weight for each macro nutrient for various sports. Some questions you should ask your self is what weight class are you shooting for? how many days a week do u practice? how long typically do the sessions last? The amount of calories consumed should depend on energy expenditure, which has several factors and varies for every individual.
I will have practice for two hours and 5 days a week. I weight 145 an still deciding what weight to go. Whatever weight I go I want to make sure I don't lose muscle mass

jaffy

jaffy

Awards
If I go for a 1.5 pounds a week of fat by taking 5250 calories out each week will I still be able to keep muscle mass

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
If I go for a 1.5 pounds a week of fat by taking 5250 calories out each week will I still be able to keep muscle mass
Thats a 750 caloric defecit per day. If you attempted this through dieting alone, you would no doubt lose muscle mass. Make sure your diet is spot-on and you're still lifting heavy. Then, reduce your daily calories only PARTLY. The other calories you'll burn by doing cardio. This should help you preserve a good chunk of the muscle and strength.

jaffy

jaffy

Awards
Thats a 750 caloric defecit per day. If you attempted this through dieting alone, you would no doubt lose muscle mass. Make sure your diet is spot-on and you're still lifting heavy. Then, reduce your daily calories only PARTLY. The other calories you'll burn by doing cardio. This should help you preserve a good chunk of the muscle and strength.
What do you mean reduce my calories partially

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
What do you mean reduce my calories partially
Instead of saying "I need a 750 caloric defecit so every day I'm going to eat 750 calories less but not get up off the couch", you would partially reduce calories. So you would say to yourself, "I'm reducing my calories by 200 today and I'm also going to do some exercise to burn 550 calories."

This way you're still meeting the 750 calorie defecit daily, and you will shed the fat, but you'll also be keeping most of the muscle.