Review my Regimen por favor.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Hello everyone. I'm new to anabolicminds, but a long time forum lurker. I ask that you review my bulking regimen and offer your advice on specifics. I am 22 years old, 6 foot, 180 lbs, and approximately 12% bf. I have been working out consistently for the past four years. And four years ago, I was only 135 lbs, so I've made decent but slow progress. However, now I am working on a dedicated bulk regimen at my school's gym. I graduated college with a degree in Biochemistry and am now in pharmacy school, so feel free to get technical. Anyway, here's my plan.

I shoot for a weight that allows 7-10 reps, but always go until failure regardless.

Monday
Biceps
Regular Dumbbell Curls (5 Sets)
Hammer Dumbbell Curls (5 Sets)
Preacher Curls on Machine (5 Sets)

Triceps
Tricep Pulldowns on Cable Machine (5 Sets)
Weighted Dips (5 Sets)
Tate Dumbbell Press (5 Sets)

Abs
Resistance Crunches on Ab Machine (3 Sets of 8 )
Reverse Crunch with Butt Raise (3 Sets of 20)
In-and-Outs with Butt Raise (3 Sets of 20)
Alternating Elbow to Knee Bicycles (3 Sets of 20)
Always maintain contraction by keeping shoulders off ground throughout set.

Tuesday
Shoulders
Arnold Dumbbell Press (5 Sets)
Standard Shoulder Press on Machine (5 Sets)
Lateral Shoulder Raise on Machine (5 Sets)
Seated Rear Deltoid Dumbbell Raise (5 Sets)

Wednesday
Legs
Squats on Squat Machine (5 Sets)
Leg Press on Machine (5 Sets)
Quads on Machine (5 Sets)
Hamstrings on Machine (5 Sets)
Calve Toe Raises on Squat Machine (1 set of each toe pointed in, straight and out)

Abs (Same routine as above)

Thursday
Chest
Bench Press (5 Sets)
Butterflies on Machine (5 Sets)
Decline Bench Dumbbell Press (5 Sets)
Weighted Chest Dip (5 Sets)

Friday
Back
Weighted Standard Pullups (5 Sets)
Behind Head Lat Pulldowns on Machine (5 Sets)
Seated Row on Machine (5 Sets)
Upright Dumbbell Rows (5 Sets)
Dumbbell Shrugs (5 Sets)

Abs (Same routine as above)

Diet
4000 Calories/day
355 g Protein (Mostly Chicken Breast, Ground Venison, and Whey)
420 g Carbs (Consisting of mostly 100% Whole Grain Bread, Whole Grain Noodles, Brown Rice, etc. And chocolate milk protein shake immediately after workout)
105 g Fat (Mostly Mono and Polyunsaturated)

Percentage Breakdown of Macro Calories is ~ 40/38/22 C/P/F
This data is from the daily diet plan I've already been utilizing. I track my calories on my phone daily.

Additional Supplements per day
5 g Creatine
2000 mg Fish Oil
Multivitamin
3 Liters of Water
8-9 Hours of Sleep

What do you think? Any changes you would make to specific exercises such as order, technique, or new move altogether? Open to all suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Also a "Looks good" or a "That'll work" would suffice.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty solid only thing id reccomend is try to do everything with free weights rather then machines except for some isolation things, working with free weights targets much more muscles then machines. But other then that it looks pretty solid and should do the job.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With jumpshot on this one.

Dump the machines. They should be a supplement to the program, not the foundation.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Alright guys. Thanks for the tips. Duly noted. I'll try to utilize free weights whenever possible. Any important muscle groups you notice that I'm failing to hit?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're missing dead lifts or a variation of them.

Also, I think you have too much arm work, and not enough pulling work to balance all the pushing work.

Would also suggested substituting some of those "ab" exercises for movements that target the entire core, such as planks, rotational movements, etc.

Br

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
You're missing dead lifts or a variation of them.

Also, I think you have too much arm work, and not enough pulling work to balance all the pushing work.

Would also suggested substituting some of those "ab" exercises for movements that target the entire core, such as planks, rotational movements, etc.

Br
Will definitely throw in the dead lifts on back day. Large oversight on my part. I can also include plank, side plank, and rotational crunches with a medicine ball. I'm not sure what you mean by the pushing work overshadowing the pulling work though. Could you be more specific for me? I attempted to include exercises focusing on traps, lats, and rear delts with pullups, pulldowns, regular rows, upright rows, and the rear deltoid dumbbell raise to counteract the other chest and shoulder exercises. Anything else you would suggest doing? And I genuinely appreciate your advice. Thanks man.

napalm

napalm

Awards
agree w the others who said ditch the machines, there's also a srs lack of deadlifts in your program.

imo, too much volume also, focus on big compound movements bro.

3-5 sets of 5 of squats, dl's bench and some rows and you can't go wrong.

if you're looking for assistance to keep busy, i'd suggest a couple sets of pull ups and tri pushdowns

that's really all you need,

good luck...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd swap the upright rows for something else. They really put a lot of un necessary stress on the shoulder.

Add in face pulls, wide grip supine rows, and external rotations.

Look into medicine ball throws, turkish get ups, shovel dead lifts, dumbbell swings, etc. for additional core/ab work.

Br