- 11-07-2011, 02:01 PM
These are freaking everywhere right now in MMA. Ads are prevalent (I'm sure there will be a Google ad underneath) and they're sponsoring many fighters. Seeing all of these things pop in have inspired me to start and S&C blog where I dive into some of the research (it's a blog, not a thesis) and give it a yay or nay.
My first one can be read hereM.Ed. Ex Phys
- 11-07-2011, 09:48 PM
- 11-07-2011, 10:11 PM
sounds to me like those wrist bands that a lot of famous athletes were wearing that swore it improved their balance...all psychological?
11-07-2011, 10:44 PM
11-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I would deff agree at least there is a good "theory" behind these masks. I am no expert on how high altitude training works..but does the increase in pressure at high altitudes not have some play in the adaptation that these masks are not taking into account?
EDIT: meant decrease in pressure lol
11-07-2011, 10:58 PM
M.Ed. Ex Phys
11-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Wow ..masks now... I know a lot of fighters have custom high altitude chambers to sleep in, but masks seems pretty wield and interesting. I have always understood that the "sleep high train low" method was the most useful in EPO production, so it seems unclear to me why they would use the mask during cardio?
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By East1600Plus in forum Training ForumReplies: 23Last Post: 01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
- By tegman in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
- By Nutz in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-09-2006, 08:26 AM
- By Chippewa in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
- By Matt ALRI in forum Training ForumReplies: 98Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:27 AM