Best Brands of equipment

kwantz

Awards
Hello i was wondering what you all think are the best brands of

Dumbells/barbells etc.
and machines (ie hammer strength ,atlantis)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hello i was wondering what you all think are the best brands of

Dumbells/barbells etc.
and machines (ie hammer strength ,atlantis)
I got a great set of hex dumbbells from Sports Authority. They seem to be pretty accurate as far as the weights they're labeled with, and, well, they're dumbbells...

A gym I went to a while back had York equipment, that seemed very well made.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Stuff from newyorkbarbells has a good reputation/value. The gym I train at has hammer strength, and I love nearly ever piece of equipment I have tried.

For a rack, can't go wrong with Yukon Powerrack. Wide base for box/power squatting, sturdy, cost me about 350.00 w/shipping. Dipping attachment sucks. I wouldn't invest in that part of it. Simple to put together. You can improvise nearly any lift if you want to. Dipping can be done without the attachment.

For weightplates, best thing is to go local to avoid shipping and look for used stuff imo.

For a bench I went with powertech. I forget what it is tested at but 1000 lbs at least probably. Sturdy as all hell and plenty tall (big benefit!), but a bit short for a tall guy. Doing inclines w/it is a real pita since only the back rest inclines but not the seat itself. Doesn't do decline presses. Cost about 200. Overall, I really like it though. The sturdiness can't be underestimated.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
For weightplates, best thing is to go local to avoid shipping and look for used stuff imo.
Local welding shops can almost always cut discs with the right size hole in the middle. All you have to do is work out the proper size for the weight you want, or just get them cut consistently in pairs so the weight matches.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
Weights & plates & dumbells: York

Machine: Flex or HammerStrength :goodpost: