Late Night Training

SilverBullet7

Awards
So ive officially become to busy for my own good. I now lift at about ten at night once im out of work. Will this affect my hormones or anything along those lines because i know this is when your bodys clock should be ready to shut down for the night. Will it affect my metabolism (im bulking) or my gains. I do get good diets and good sessions still. However as much sleep as i can get with my schedule...not much but anyway. iI do eat cleanly after plus a shake. Any ideas???

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing to worry about. Once you adapt to the change in arousal at that time you'll be fine. The caveat is, of course, so long as you continue to get rest and nutrition.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing to worry about. Once you adapt to the change in arousal at that time you'll be fine. The caveat is, of course, so long as you continue to get rest and nutrition.
I second this. Constantly changing training times would be more detrimental to your circadian rhythms than training in the evening. Your body will adapt to it as long as you give it time.

Expect a few sleepless nights to start with while your cortisol is higher in the evening rather than being low as it should be.

Dweller

Awards
Hi dear,
I think heavy training at night is not better for the health. You should get training in the morning or at the evening time. Morning training is more effective for the health.

Jentry07

Awards
I agree with the others! I think when lifting it does not matter time of the day. Your body should soon adapt to this change and you will be able to sleep normal again. Especially since you are still eating healthy, you will be fine! I would suggest not eating too much right before bed though, and make sure no carbs too late either!

BEcAST

Awards
You might have some trouble sleeping but other than that nothing will be affected