Critique my new schedule!

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Going for mass here, just came off 8 weeks of Max Ot training, 2-3 sets per exercise, 4-6 reps per set, and a total of about 7 sets per muscle group (chest and tris seperate, etc), all compound basic exercises. My old schedule was a four day split, Monday(back/bis), Tuesday(chest/tris), Thursday(legs), Friday(shoulders/traps). I got fairly good results with this program. I gained about 10-12 solid lean pounds, all while losing a tiny bit of fat.

I want to try something different since my results have stagnated. My exercise weights are still going up but I've stopped gaining weight as fast as I did in the beginning few weeks of the program. So here's my new proposal...

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday split (most convenient for me).

Tuesday- Legs/Abs
Squats 2 x 6-8
Ham Curls 2 x 6-8
Standing Calf Raise 2x 6-8
Ab work 3x 6-8

Thursday- Chest/Triceps/Shoulders

Flat DB Bench- 2x 6-8
Incline BB bench 2x 6-8
Dips 2x 6-8
JM press 2x 6-8
Upright Row 2x 6-8
Arnold Press 2x 6-8

Saturday- Back/Bis

Rack Deads- 2x 6-8
Chins- 2x 6-8
EZ Curl (alternate grips) 2x 6-8
Seated Straight Rows 2x 6-8
Rear DB raise 2x 6-8
Hammer Curls 2x 6-8

Basically a whole lot of 2 sets of 6-8 reps, just trying to mix up the exercises to hit a little bit of everything. When added all up there are fewer sets than my previous schedule but about the same number of total reps.

i also tried to take it easy on my lower back hence the Ham curls instead of SL deads, rack deads instead of floor deads, etc. It's been bothering me for the past few weeks.

So, what do you all think? Too much volume, too little, is the three day split a good one to go by?

Thanks for the advice!