Decrease Training Intensity Post-Cycle?

Purge

Awards
Is it true that you should decrease training volume after a cycle of M-1-T? And if so, why?

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Is it true that you should decrease training volume after a cycle of M-1-T? And if so, why?
Maybe volume due to simply not having the extra oompfh, but overall the more intensity you try to keep the better in terms of retaining gains.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well if you raised your intensity b/c you were on androgens, then yes you would want to lower it. As far as cortisol levels are concerned they are elevated drastically when coming off of a cycle, and you would want to lower your intensity to help keep these levels under control. I believe that this subject has been touched on before, and some guys had some good advice on why you should lower your intensity, just do a search and you should find something.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
personally, i would keep the intensity up in order to keep my strength. while, i would lower my total volume so that i don't overtrain w/o androgens.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
personally, i would keep the intensity up in order to keep my strength. while, i would lower my total volume so that i don't overtrain w/o androgens.
exactly. You do NOT want to have a decrease in lifts and low test levels, this is the worst environment for keeping gains. If possible, just lower the volume you were using for PCT.