Check my new routine and comment please

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Looking for feedback. Will be doing a 3 day split - m/w/f.

Exercise sets Reps

Monday:
Low Incline Dumbell Press 3 8-10
weighted Dips 2 10
Arnold Press 2 8-10
Lateral Raises 2 10

Wed:
Pullups 3 8-10
cable rows(close grip) 3 8-10
Barbell curls 2 10

Friday:
Squats 3 6-10
stiff leg deads 2 8-10
calves 2 10
weighted crunches 2 10-15

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
My body adapts best to volume training so on a personal note, your split wouldn't tax my body to its full potential. However, the layou you have is simple and the choice of exercises are quality. With full/hight intensity, this will surely give you some nice gains. The rep range you have for most of your exercises (8-10) is my preferred range as well. Again, only thing I have against it is the shear (lack of) volume. *no matter how upright my body is and how close my elbows are to the body, i find dips to hit chest more so than triceps... so maybe a more of an isolated tricep movement added on wouldnt be too bad of an idea either*
Sage

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Yeah - i have such a fear of over training. I was thinking i might have to add an isolated tricep movement. Will add skull crushers for 2 sets 8-10 rep range.

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - i have such a fear of over training. I was thinking i might have to add an isolated tricep movement. Will add skull crushers for 2 sets 8-10 rep range.
Your proposed routine is VERY close to what I was thinking of switching to. I'm on a week off right now and was considering a M/W/F split with a Leg day, Push day, and Pull day, once I start up again. The only real differences I was considering would be doing Deads on the pull day instead of pull-ups and like you suggested above, Skull Crushers in the place of dips and also dropping the laterral raises and SLDL's. My main motivation in doing this was to allow 2 days for cardio work whereas my previous 4 and 5 day splits didn't lend much time to that.

So in clonclusion, I like what you have and hope it works well for both of us.

cm5

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I'm doing a very similiar workout but with a little more volume. I like the lay out, and rep range. The only thing i have different is higher reps for leg movements, but that is a personal preference. As long is intensity is high you will grow.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
That routine was close to what I had been doing with some success. Although, my alternating week had different exercises to hit different areas of the muscles. I basically used IA's 3-day split he has posted over at his site.