Best Home Chin-up/Pull-up bar?

  1. Best Home Chin-up/Pull-up bar?


    Does such a bar exist that doesn't require any permanent fixings to the door frame which can safely support ~90KG/187lbs without slippage or breaking the doorframe?


  2. I've had the iron gym pull up bar up in my doorway for a year or so with no problems. I weigh 190lbs. As long as your doorway aint termite fodder it will do.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  3. I was wonderign about this too, but I'm 240 lol.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD
    I was wonderign about this too, but I'm 240 lol.
    My coworker is about 215 and it's fine for him. That's about all I can assume for 240. It prolly wouldn't hold up to years of being your only pull up bar, but an occasional one I think it would do. The iron gym is pretty cheap, I bought mine at bed bath and beyond and used a coupon to boot. If you need a hardcore everyday gonna Kip and use wieght bar you may want to look into building a real rig.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  5. Iron Gym is the way to go. It doesn't F up your door, very strong, and easy to remove. I got mine for $20 at Walgreens

  6. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    My coworker is about 215 and it's fine for him. That's about all I can assume for 240. It prolly wouldn't hold up to years of being your only pull up bar, but an occasional one I think it would do. The iron gym is pretty cheap, I bought mine at bed bath and beyond and used a coupon to boot. If you need a hardcore everyday gonna Kip and use wieght bar you may want to look into building a real rig.
    Well on the plus side, my house is solid brick built in the 1910s.

  7. I would say fro an occasion use it would be fine. and I mean occasion by a couple times a day. Even if hou have to replace it ecvery 6 months 20 bucks is not bad.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Mind View Post
    Iron Gym is the way to go. It doesn't F up your door, very strong, and easy to remove. I got mine for $20 at Walgreens
    I posted 20 bucks ithout reading your post, but yeah 20 bucks is what it can be had easily
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  9. I used a door frame pull up bar for awhile but I eventually upgraded to a mount on one. It's MUCH better and not too expensive, I got mine from Pacillos.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rack Pull Ups or Pull Up?
    By philek9 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 01:46 PM
  2. Low Rack Pull or Deficit Pull input before April 9th hurry!
    By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 03:10 PM
  3. pull-up bar for the home...will it hold up?
    By halflife3 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
  4. pull-up & chin-up
    By Brolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Log in
Log in