Pulled glute??

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.

Pulled glute??

So I went bowling with some friends last night, stepped up, after I threw the first ball of the night I felt like I tore my left upper glute in half! Fml, last time I went bowling I had some pain afterwards, nothing crazy though. Did hiit (sprints) last week and felt extremely sore in both hips and glutes, but nothing like this...

So the question is, wtf can I do here?? I have a pt session scheduled for tomorrow and have it planned for legs.

Has anyone heard of this happening before???

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.

Well sounds like you strained your glute/ham tie in. I've done that...rest it for now, ice and ibuprofen to relieve swelling. After the swelling subsides you can do heat. Do not stretch it (since it Is a minor tear) until it has semi healed and the swelling is mostly gone. Then light stretching can help it heal and minimize scar tissue.
    I def would not do any leg work for a little while til it's better! It sucks I know, but you'll make it worse unless you stay off it an let it heal. You might get away with doin some leg extensions but that's it...go by feel (and do not take pain meds before lifting, you want to know if you hurt it) Good luck
    My goal as a natural bodybuilder is to improve constantly, and win my pro card, while making an increasing amount of people doubt that I'm natural ;)
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Firmanator View Post
    Well sounds like you strained your glute/ham tie in. I've done that...rest it for now, ice and ibuprofen to relieve swelling. After the swelling subsides you can do heat. Do not stretch it (since it Is a minor tear) until it has semi healed and the swelling is mostly gone. Then light stretching can help it heal and minimize scar tissue.
    I def would not do any leg work for a little while til it's better! It sucks I know, but you'll make it worse unless you stay off it an let it heal. You might get away with doin some leg extensions but that's it...go by feel (and do not take pain meds before lifting, you want to know if you hurt it) Good luck
    Thanks brother. Its actually not too swollen, and thepain has 99% subsided. I will definitely take some time off legs, which hurts me to say.. but do what ya gotta do, right?

Thanks again

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help Pain Glute
    By Ramo machine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
  2. Glute Ham Raise
    By earlyriser73 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 09:46 AM