Post workout Marijuana use?

ripped_k1d

Awards
I workout for 1-1.5 hours a day and after drink a protein shake and smoke a bowl of some fine California grown medical grade marijuana. It helps with muscle relaxation and improves my appetite. What do you guys think?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think its a good idea. It really did seem to benefit me.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
i literally do the same thing. exactly. lol

edit: not medical

ripped_k1d

Awards
Medical or non medical it still rocks. I was wondering if we could get any brainy people in here to say some big words about how THC increases the bio availability of protein and creatine etc after workout. That would be sick. But i bet experiments and tests have never been done on that.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no, carcinogens in THC are actually BAD for you AND protein synthesis

if you must consume it use a vaporizer

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
**** the carcinogens lol, it's been in my life since i was 15. If i found out tomarro that weed lowers your testosterone by Goddamn 40% i would still smoke it, it's a way of life. I don't smoke everyday after a workout, only sometimes. I actually do the opposite most of the time, i smoke before i workout, like 3 or 4 good hits out of the bowl so im not "gone" or completely stoned, just a good head change to get me through the workout with no problem.

ripped_k1d

Awards
Hmm I've tried smoking before workouts but I have no self control. I got way too high every time and spent most of my time sitting on the Military press machine watching sports on the gym tv. Nice input though guys!

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Hmm I've tried smoking before workouts but I have no self control. I got way too high every time and spent most of my time sitting on the Military press machine watching sports on the gym tv. Nice input though guys!
Ha, like i said, been smoking since i was 15, i have a pretty good tolerance, also like i said i only take a few bowl hits before, just enough to give me a head change, not a "stoned" feeling really.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
same thing happens with me. if i smoke before the gym, i might as well not go, unless i hammer down some preworkout and snap out of it. but at that point im not really high anymore.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
same thing happens with me. if i smoke before the gym, i might as well not go, unless i hammer down some preworkout and snap out of it. but at that point im not really high anymore.
Who knows!? How about let us know after a few months if it's worked well or not! You can be the lab rat :yeah:

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I never smoked directly post workout but sometimes at night I'll smoke w/ my friend and it's funny because my munchies when I'm home are always something healthy like a protein shake, a protein bar or some chicken. My friend makes fun of me because he says "damn bro even when your high you still eat healthy wtf" Weed actually helped me put on size

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
I never smoked directly post workout but sometimes at night I'll smoke w/ my friend and it's funny because my munchies when I'm home are always something healthy like a protein shake, a protein bar or some chicken. My friend makes fun of me because he says "damn bro even when your high you still eat healthy wtf" Weed actually helped me put on size
Wether you eat a protein bar or a burger after smoking, it's gonna make you hungry lol.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Wether you eat a protein bar or a burger after smoking, it's gonna make you hungry lol.
I understand that but what I am saying IS when I get my munchies (hunger) I always eat something healthy and clean.. This is a Bodybuilding/exercise/health forum site am I correct? LoL

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
lift harder = get hungrier. problem solved.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
I understand that but what I am saying IS when I get my munchies (hunger) I always eat something healthy and clean.. This is a Bodybuilding/exercise/health forum site am I correct? LoL
I wasn't questioning or commenting on your healthy habbits when getting stoned, i said it's gonna make you hungry either way, i was JUST SAYING that Weed makes you hungry.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I wasn't questioning or commenting on your healthy habbits when getting stoned, i said it's gonna make you hungry either way, i was JUST SAYING that Weed makes you hungry.
Sorry bro I missunderstood you

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
he asked me what i thought. this is what i think.:stupid:
I understand. You really have to have a different look on it to like it. You can't just look at it as the regular bodybuilder, nutrition crazed weight-lifter. You have to have a different mindset.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I understand. You really have to have a different look on it to like it. You can't just look at it as the regular bodybuilder, nutrition crazed weight-lifter. You have to have a different mindset.
no no lol. nothing to do w the a health or legal aspect of it.

was jus sayin i dont know how someone cant be hungry all the time if youre eating good and training hard.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Responsible munchies are normal if your really into fitness. Anyone who says "The munchies will ruin my phazyque" is just a *****.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
no no lol. nothing to do w the a health or legal aspect of it.

was jus sayin i dont know how someone cant be hungry all the time if youre eating good and training hard.
You must not be human because sometimes I don't have an epitite and I force my food down because I eat relatively clean and boring

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Responsible munchies are normal if your really into fitness. Anyone who says "The munchies will ruin my phazyque" is just a *****.
Agree. When I have munchies after I smoke I never just down whatever I see. I eat clean healthy foods and like I said b4 I added some good muscle size from it from the added cals

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
You must not be human because sometimes I don't have an epitite and I force my food down because I eat relatively clean and boring
you must be a bad cook and never heard of drinking meals :lol:

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
LoL f*** that bro whole foods all day! Shakes are convenient but whole foods makes your physique harder
thats BS unless you have a ****ty diet. for EG i dont eat meat, and get botu 150-200g protein from drinks and about another 100g from food. im growing nicly and havent looked better (been 5 years like this) im also bigger then most in the gym.
whoel foods are good but just because you blend the food dosent mean its not food anymore.
same **** you just dont chew it.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
all I will say as im PRO-Cannabis ALL THE WAY!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
thats BS unless you have a ****ty diet. for EG i dont eat meat, and get botu 150-200g protein from drinks and about another 100g from food. im growing nicly and havent looked better (been 5 years like this) im also bigger then most in the gym.
whoel foods are good but just because you blend the food dosent mean its not food anymore.
same **** you just dont chew it.
What type of shakes are you consuming? I think a lot of people only drink whey as a protein shake, which actually isnt hte best idea unless your gnna drin another one as soon as the first one goes through your system. Whey is a good spplement, but it really goes through you to be an optimum meal protein IMO.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it was too hard to pass this up while we have the guys attention.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
What type of shakes are you consuming? I think a lot of people only drink whey as a protein shake, which actually isnt hte best idea unless your gnna drin another one as soon as the first one goes through your system. Whey is a good spplement, but it really goes through you to be an optimum meal protein IMO.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it was too hard to pass this up while we have the guys attention.
Exactly. Shakes are conveinient but your diet shouldn't be based around shakes. Shakes should be based around whole foods

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well Im not exactly saying hes off though. If he has different shakes like say egg protein, this might not be the worst idea. I hope he comes back to shed some light on this.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Well Im not exactly saying hes off though. If he has different shakes like say egg protein, this might not be the worst idea. I hope he comes back to shed some light on this.
I know that egg and cassein protein burns slow and I understand that every1 also have different lives but if you have the time to eat whole foods I'd say do so. But if that's the way you are able to get your nutrition so be it

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
I workout for 1-1.5 hours a day and after drink a protein shake and smoke a bowl of some fine California grown medical grade marijuana. It helps with muscle relaxation and improves my appetite. What do you guys think?
I simply hate weed!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I would think that post-workout MJ would do you good, being that it slows the CNS down after a hard training session and relaxes you. Whether or not you're looking for the extra food intake is clearly a matter of preference. ;)

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I smoke just about every day and I'm in great shape. I lift and do cardio. Now, I'm sure if I didn't smoke I would be in a little better shape, but I don't play any sports, therefore I choose marijuana over having a little extra edge.

I'm 25, have been smoking regularly for close to 4 years and I'm in better shape now than I was when I started smoking. Yeah, there are negative consequences to be had, but that comes with a lot of things. You have to pick and choose your poison, just make sure your poison is da bomb digity.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I smoke just about every day and I'm in great shape. I lift and do cardio. Now, I'm sure if I didn't smoke I would be in a little better shape, but I don't play any sports, therefore I choose marijuana over having a little extra edge.

I'm 25, have been smoking regularly for close to 4 years and I'm in better shape now than I was when I started smoking. Yeah, there are negative consequences to be had, but that comes with a lot of things. You have to pick and choose your poison, just make sure your poison is da bomb digity.
I think aslong as you don't spend all day smoking like a damn hippy your gonna be cool. I only smoke once @ night time w/ my buddy and just like you I lift and do cardio. Weed helped memoir on some lean muscle mass IMO cuz of the "munchies" lol but my munchies are good munchies lime chicken and such not ding-dongs and chips. Added calories outside of my 6 CLEAN meals never hurt nobody =)

ripped_k1d

Awards
so glad to see that you guys had such differing opinions on MMJ and post workout nutrition.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Well I could care less if someone smokes weed or not (I would if my job allowed it), but I think the idea that it's helping in a post or pre workout sense is wrong and is probably just a bunch of broscience at best.

By all means smoke it if you've got it, but the idea that it's helping things is probably just flat wrong. Unless someone can point to me a few studies showing otherwise. Honestly it just seems from reading this thread as if some people are arguing that MJ is going to enhance the physique or the gains and I'd say both of those are probably incorrect though granted I haven't looked at a lot of the science on the issue.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, I wont say that I have ay science. But I remember being 17, having a beat up body from a summer of seriously overtraining, smoking some good kind bud and waking up the next day feeling like a lot of my kinks had been unloosened. Dont know about timing, but i really do feel like it has its place in fitness.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I would think that post-workout MJ would do you good, being that it slows the CNS down after a hard training session and relaxes you. Whether or not you're looking for the extra food intake is clearly a matter of preference. ;)
It used to be essential for helping me get food down when 1,3dimeth would make me too sick to eat. Now Im done with 1,3 dimeth.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Well, I wont say that I have ay science. But I remember being 17, having a beat up body from a summer of seriously overtraining, smoking some good kind bud and waking up the next day feeling like a lot of my kinks had been unloosened. Dont know about timing, but i really do feel like it has its place in fitness.
This is complete broscience though is what I'm getting at. The idea that because one day you woke up feeling better after smoking marijuana literally means nothing as to it's place in fitness. It's about as useful as saying you played PS2 that night and think it had something to do with how you felt.

One time I got high and felt relaxed the next day just doesn't do anything for your argument. That's what I'm getting at, this thread is literally nothing but broscience as far as the "positive" effects of MJ in regards to working out.

Again this isn't something I've studied in depth, but you have to be high if you don't see where I'm coming from.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I do not eat meat
i take in 4-5 shakes a day and 3-4 meals a day. whats your point?
ohhj and 2 chakes are casin ad whey the other three are only whey.
im bigger thenmost in the gym so i knwo what I do works.

I assure you im absorbing alot more then you think. or i would have liquid **** for the amount i take in.........

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
yah not just whey but 70-80% total of the day is, but not all on one sitting and i do have lower digesting ones usually 2 shakes a day (one at night and mid day)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I use MJ to help with my back pain from car accedent, and help me sleep (partly due to pain also) nothing like some kush/ cannabis indica.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
doesnt THC raise estrogen?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only thing that sucks about marijuana is the smoking aspect of it. If you can avoid it making you lazy then everything else is great about it. I love to enjoy after working out. Not all the time, but sometimes it's great.

If you're really down on the smoking aspect of it, try vaporizing. Even vaporizing isn't 100% safe on the lungs, so if you have the resources, make some of that green butter and prepare food. The buzz is more intense and you're not contaminating the lungs.

The wave of the future is pot edibles, and I believe that. The only problem is that by smoking you can make it last longer.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Eh, it makes me feel more sore for some reason.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
doesnt THC raise estrogen?
im sure the test im using would be more of a concern lol :p
they do say that. during puberty i would say dont use the herb, for those resones though.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established