Plyometrics

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Wondering if any of you guys incorporate plyo's into your workouts. I was thinking of adding a day of plyo's to my workout routine, but don't have a good routine, or even that much knowledge on good exercises. Any info would be appreciated.

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
My lower body plyos go like this.

Warmup
4 sprints 40 yards
4 sets of 20 box jumps
4 sprints 60-80 yards.
4 sets of 20 box jumps

It takes about 15-20 minutes

For upper body i use a heavy bag and spend 15-20 minutes of all out effort with short rest intervals.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro. Anybody have any ideas on plyos that could be done in the pool.

UnleashedBeast

Awards
May I ask why you want them in your workout? Are you an athlete?

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Looking for increased explosiveness, and muscle size. Mainly looking to work legs. Got anything for me?

UnleashedBeast

Awards
Looking for increased explosiveness, and muscle size. Mainly looking to work legs. Got anything for me?
Ok, I asked because I wasn't sure if you were a bodybuilder only looking for hypertrophy. I have a book called "Jumping into Plyometrics", By Donald A. Chu. I thought that was a pretty informative book, it had a lot of information and exercises. I've also heard good things about the book "High Powered Plyometrics" by James C. Radcliffe and Robert C. Farentinos. I'm sure there are other plyometrics books out there too. Do you play any sports? If so what one?

Last edited:

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
Plyometrics is like doing hiit cardio. Except you gain functional explosiveness, which also attacks the fast twitch fibers. You can grow from plyos. A session only lasts about 15 minutes.

I dont know about you, but i like being more explosive than the next guy. Practicing athlete or not, explosiveness is a good thing.

Have you ever heard of anabolic aerobics? Plyometrics is a perfect example.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Plyometrics is like doing hiit cardio. Except you gain functional explosiveness, which also attacks the fast twitch fibers. You can grow from plyos. A session only lasts about 15 minutes.

I dont know about you, but i like being more explosive than the next guy. Practicing athlete or not, explosiveness is a good thing.

Have you ever heard of anabolic aerobics? Plyometrics is a perfect example.
That's what i was thinking. I used to play football but know i'm just looking for another angle to expand my training, and growth. I'm not looking to put huge amounts of mass onto my legs w/plyos, but I know that they are going to help. And like billy said I like being more explosive than the other guy.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Billy the Kid have you ever tried plyos in the pool? They take the stress of your joints, but you still get the same if not more stress placed on the muscles. I know running in a pool is great for explosiveness, and speed. Although I'm looking for something to add to my routine on top of sprints.