Help me out im needing some upper back thickness

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
Im looking for some help getting some upper back thickness, i have the width kickin but i need to make the rhomboids come out. any suggestions....

some have said deadlifts are the way to go.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
some have said deadlifts are the way to go.
Definitely. Also shruggs.Another useful technique is to do shruggs and lateral raises prone on an incline bench. Lastly,if high elbow rows don't make your romboids pop, nothing will.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do everything on backday with a close grip.. ;)

I do T-Bar rows this way, also seated cable rows.. :thumbsup:

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
deadlifts are a great way to build your back thickness and overall strength. At least they wroked well for me...

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
bent over laterals (with arms bent) will hit your rhomboids well. don't be to concerned with weight with these, just get your elbows as far back as you can.
they sit in under your traps so hit'em hard first.

shrugs (with a grip that's just outside shoulder width) & medium grip upright rows also do a good job on the top & middle traps which help dramatically in upper back thickness.
mine respond well when i pull explosively & hold for a second at the top. do these heavy though.

i also found pullovers or straight arm pulldowns (shoulder width) help build the teres muscles on the upper, outer part of the back. they look pretty impressive when fully developed.

Jag

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Heavy deads have added the most thickness to my back. I used 4-8 reps, 3 sets

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Low Pro Bodybuilding 0
Anabolics 14
Weight Loss 7
Anabolics 3
Anabolics 3