Injured Pec

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
4 or 5 weeks ago I was doing barbell bench and on the 8th rep I felt my right pec pop (where it connects to your underarm), so i stopped doing chest for 2 weeks, tried it again, did 135 fine, so i moved up to 225...this felt a lil shitty on the last 2-3 reps, but i decided for some reason that i could prolly handle 275, on the 2nd rep my chest popped again in the same exact place. Now its been 3 weeks and I still have not done chest but I tried to do some dips yesterday and it still definately hurts. i cant even do pullups because of the pain. Obviously i'm not going to do chest for awhile....does anyone have any help/advice?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
This happens sometimes and most of the time it's from Flat BB bench press. Obviously the first time it happened you didn't give it enough rest and going up to 275lb was a bad idea. I would suggest to leave the Barbell alone and go with DB's instead using very strict and proper form. They're better for pec developement in my opinion anyway.

Also make sure you give it proper rest this time and keep a short term injury just that. If it doesn't seem to be getting better in the next week or so Iwould go see a doctor.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
jminis---thats what i figured....anything to help speed the healing process...??? sucks that i have to do this 1test/m4ohn cycle w/o doing chest but oh well, my backs slightly underdeveloped anyways....time to catch up.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I had a similar problem with my left pec one time. I think it might have been a little worse because I could hear it tear in my ear as I was performing flat bench. Well, I didn't take time off, stupidly. Came back the next week, 225 felt good, 315 felt good, I figured I'd do one more at 365 and call it a day. That was when the **** hit the fan, it tore on the 3rd rep and I was out of commission for 3 months and couldn't do chest that whole time. When I came back, I had to start all over again to make sure I didn't injure it again. Bottomline, let it heal before it gets worse. :)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
jminis---....anything to help speed the healing process...??? .
GH? :thumbsup: LOL No bro I think you just need to take it easy and let it heal. I know it sucks not being able to work your chest but it's not worth dealing with a nagging injury for years because you were impatient.

You have the right frame of mind. If continue with your cycle as planned use it as a way to concentrate and bring up lagging parts, like your back. I've done that on a cycle even when I had no injury, for instance right now I'm concentrating on bring up my left bicep along with some other bodyparts like lower back that don't get much attention.