Need exercise program advice

codered5

Awards
Ok, so I am looking on some opinions on exercise programs. I have been working out regularly for about the past two months or so...doing three days of lifting and two days of cardio. The lifts are more or less full body, focusing on the major lifts on different days (ie squats and bench monday, deads and military wednesday, incline and back friday, etc.) I super-set every exercise, usually about 8 total before abs and a cooldown. My cardio is simple steady state for 35-45 minutes. I have not really lost any scale weight, but have definitely improved my body composition, arms are sculpting, can see my upper abs again, etc.

However, I really want to know what type of program is the best for a leaning out effect. I am a big boned person, so I really would like to lean out as best as I can. I was just unsure if my current setup was the right track for that. I was thinking about upping the cardio and reducing weights to maybe two days and doing more of a circuit weight routine. Would this be wise? And if so, does anyone have any good circuits they follow? Would like any advice, trying to kick this back into high gear after taking a week off!!! Thanks everyone.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
check out 5x5 if youre lifitng 3day sa week 45mins a session

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so I am looking on some opinions on exercise programs. I have been working out regularly for about the past two months or so...doing three days of lifting and two days of cardio. The lifts are more or less full body, focusing on the major lifts on different days (ie squats and bench monday, deads and military wednesday, incline and back friday, etc.) I super-set every exercise, usually about 8 total before abs and a cooldown. My cardio is simple steady state for 35-45 minutes. I have not really lost any scale weight, but have definitely improved my body composition, arms are sculpting, can see my upper abs again, etc.

However, I really want to know what type of program is the best for a leaning out effect. I am a big boned person, so I really would like to lean out as best as I can. I was just unsure if my current setup was the right track for that. I was thinking about upping the cardio and reducing weights to maybe two days and doing more of a circuit weight routine. Would this be wise? And if so, does anyone have any good circuits they follow? Would like any advice, trying to kick this back into high gear after taking a week off!!! Thanks everyone.
Honestly, it generally does NOT matter what your training is like if you want to lean out - the important factor here is NUTRITION (so make sure that is right before anything else). Re training, you can do whatever, but be sure to continue to make it as intense as you can, lifting as heavy as you can.

What you currently have will work - three days is fine, as is the supersets. you can make it more of a circuit if you want or reduce your recovery time between supersets. Re cardio, doing more is fine - I recommend looking into HIIT (see The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for more information on HIIT) for three days (i.e. do on days not resistance training), and keeping your other two cardio days if you want.

Sample training programme for fat loss for the EXPERIENCED trainee.

~Rosie~