DC Training and AAS

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I have just started using the DC training routine and was wondering what others think about it in conjunction with AAS. One of the main factors about the routine is recovery via one exercise per muscle group to failure (excluding warm up sets) twice every 8 days. I recover quickly naturally and have always worked out intensely and am thinking that while on AAS, with recovery up, that one could do a little more volume. I’ll use delts for example: By the routine, I’m doing Arnold Presses day 1, Lateral Raises day 5. It just doesn’t seem like that would yield full development potential to the rear delts or overall in general. I’m also a member at intensemuscle.com so I have been reading there before someone recommends that ;) Thoughts from those using the program?

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Found this at Testosteronenation:

"From what i know about DC, if you do ANYTHING to change it that is not suggested by Dante himself, then he does not consider that DC.

Remember that DC is also used for enhanced bodybuilders, and there are ways to increase the intensity of DC while sticking to the 'rules' of the program.

For example i assume you are doing 1 working set which have 3 rest/pause sets within, except for back thickness and squats which you do 2 sets and no rest/pause?

If so you can also add statics to the rest pause sets and you can even do 2 working sets on those exercises too. This (if done correctly which i will get to) should cause enough trauma to benefit from the extra time off.

On that subject, (frequency of training) i also know that the 3x/wk plan is just one option and there is also a 3 day split that is done over 4 sessions a week (IIRC at least) - this may be useful if you use the higher volume template.

Having spoken to a number of DC advocates, i think the general consensus is if you are training 6 days a week you aren't training with enough intensity.
Even for someone assisted you should be training with an intensity that makes daily training unwarranted and undesired.

From MY experience of the regime, it is wholly possible to work very hard during a single DC set but STILL not be doing enough to stimulate growth - so put simply, it is VERY difficult to actually train to the sort of failure necessary to spark growth in just one working set. It IS possible (considering that you can have upwards of 3 sets IN that 1 work set) but this is why it is called an advanced program, because one needs a certain level of experience to push it like that.

For example, i can train to 'failure' 3 times in a set (for each rest pause set) and call it a day. i will have worked hard - and i will have strained.. but this would not be the most work i could do and the plan requires you do more than that.
You must train to absolute momentary muscular failure on each 'part' of each set, failing at the bottom of the rep AT LEAST (for a regular lifter).

If using AAS i would not be shy to incorporate the rest pauses but 3 of them instead of 2, adding in a static hold (or 3), forced reps and even pulses - and if it wasn't enough using the second set.. I happen to know that two sets of the type of intensity i am talking about is not a walk in the park even for an assisted athlete.

The whole point of DC is to stimulate growth in as little volume as possible, saving calories and becoming efficient in your training - plus high protein, carb cut-offs etc.
If you are training every day, then you really are not following the protocol."

I'm going to stick stricktly to this program for a few months and see what happens!

Jacobs64

Awards
Not to sound rude but at 6'1, 167lbs you shouldn't be thinking about AAS you should be getting your diet in check.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to sound rude but at 6'1, 167lbs you shouldn't be thinking about AAS you should be getting your diet in check.
This - not to mention you should hold off on DC until you can diet correctly and know how to put quality mass on your frame and keep it.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I'll keep that in mind. ;) Very sound advice.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ditto on the above 2.

And, while AAS will improve muscular recovery, its not going to do much in terms of speeding up neural recovery. DC training is also neurally taxing (thus the lower volume), so you may want to think twice about increasing the volume.

Br

TankerBiskits

TankerBiskits

Awards
So DC training is almost like 3 sets, but you do it all in 1 working set? and is that it? For example if you choose to do barbell curls, is that the only exercise performed that whole day?

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
So DC training is almost like 3 sets, but you do it all in 1 working set? and is that it? For example if you choose to do barbell curls, is that the only exercise performed that whole day?
Can anyone explain carb cutt-offs?
damn u fat lard.

google this **** befor u ask 1000 questions.

but okay.....breath...

1. DC is usually a split like

A. Chest, shoulders, triceps, back (width+thick)
B. QUads, hams, biceps, traps

and u go
day 1 A
day 3 B
day 5 A
Day 8 B
etc..

the exercises are 1 set per each body part. every other A/B wokrout change up the exercises. so if week 1 u had bb bench, on week 2 do incine.
u do 1 set per each body party.
that 1 set is anywhear from 12-30 TOTAL REPS also called rest paused set. this means, u pick a weight, u do reps till u cant anymore and u get 15reps lets say. u wait 15sec and go again with the saem weight, this time u prob get 8reps, 15sec rest, 3rd time u get 3. thats a total of 26reps. thats ur set.

for big exercises like deadlifts/rack pulls i just do a really heavy set like a set of 2-3, and another with 6-8reps. for delts, i do side db raises drop set it 3 times every time i do upper body. for squat a set of 15-20 straight reps.

2. carb cut off:
you stop eating carbs after ur post workout meal. why? because they really arent needed. but depends on what diet u are....u might need the veggies (carbs) in ur diet or sumthin lik that which is fine. if ur bulking carb cut off are kinda dumb i think. when u bulk u should just use carbs for 2-3weeks straight, try to eat low carbs on off days. and then for 1week go on a keto still with x15+ cal /lb ,

3. AAS would definetly help A LOT with DC training. you could even do something like this:
Day 1 A
day 2 B
day 3 A
day 4 B
day 7 A
etc..
recovery shouldnt b an issue, especially when on steroids AND food. but even than sometimes u woudnt have the greatest workout, but than smash it next time...

DC is reallllyyy good for gaining major amounts of weight. like 30+ lbs in a bulk season, where you dont care about fat. i dont think i can handle training DC year around while keeping under 10% bf, without the usage of too much aas. but i guess thats y im not a pro.

andddd this will cost you 150$. if you want me to outline a complete cycle (training/diet/drugs/cardio....) it would cost you 100$

Sweekaters

Awards
If you use AAS, do the program exactly as written. It wasn't designed for natural users in the first place, so it's going to work best if you do it to the T. The main benefit you are going to get while doing DC assisted is rapid acclimatization to the different exercises you are doing, hence the three-exercise rotation and Dante's advocation of always trying new movements.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
My best friend finished a test epi cycle with dc training, very anal, timing all his stretches with stop watches etc. He gained 30 on the cycle and has now only kept 12 in pct and lost strength, which is normal. He did not use a ai so maybe he did not eat enough to really put it on cause he was feeling fat from the bloat.

All im saying is that I have done one cycle 6 weeks- and Im still much stronger using fst7

I did dc and my joints were in killer pain, now they arent and I can lift more weight.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
If you really want to know more go to intense muscle forum. Its dantes forum. The correct rep ranges for each body part are listed there, as well as the carb cut offs.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
Besides dont think it will give you all muscle thirty pounds on a bulk, whatever, If it only translates to half inch here or there its not worth it, gains are in inches, not pounds, I see lots of logs of users gaining half inch here or there on certain muscles with only ten pound gains, and if you gained any bodyfat at all some of that inch or half inch is extra skin or fat mass. If it were me I would go to a highervolume plan or dc train 4 days a week, and switch to dc in pct or bill stars 5 of 5 to try to just retain strength, its much more simple. I like how everyone drules over dc now, as if all bodybuilders from the 70-90's were small or something, dorian yates dint dc train, neither did plats, bill star etc, its not the end all be all training method.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
but okay.....breath...

1. DC is usually a split like

A. Chest, shoulders, triceps, back (width+thick)
B. QUads, hams, biceps, traps
Since when?

It has always been:
Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Hams, quads...

Squats are done in 2 sets...

2. carb cut off:
you stop eating carbs after ur post workout meal. why? because they really arent needed. but depends on what diet u are....u might need the veggies (carbs) in ur diet or sumthin lik that which is fine. if ur bulking carb cut off are kinda dumb i think. when u bulk u should just use carbs for 2-3weeks straight, try to eat low carbs on off days. and then for 1week go on a keto still with x15+ cal /lb ,
What if you workout at 6am?

Carb Cut-offs, as it relates to DC, are usually no carbs after 6pm, but obviously this varies by the individual/training time.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not overly versed in DC training, but as a general rule of thumb:

CHO intake should be focused on peri-workout for nutrient partitioning: pre, intra, and post.

For my clients I prescribe approximately 60-80% of CHO intake over the course of pre workout, intraworkout, post w/o shake, and post w/o meal.

Next, the theory of (high) restricting CHO/calories on off days does not totally add up in practice or theory. It requires 2500-3000 additional kcal to build 1 pound of muscle. During off days skeletal muscles are still taking up aminos (at greater rates often) and require energy to complete protein synthesis. So it might make sense to reduce kcal consumption by 200-400 on off days, but not to reduce it to "cutting" values.

Br

TankerBiskits

TankerBiskits

Awards
damn u fat lard.

i used to be a lot fatter, after a m1d/mdrol stack i got up to 217, then did a clen/eca switcheroo marathon and got down to 174 only losing 1/2 inch on arms. then an 8 week s4/osta/clen and got to 180 and stayed there for alomst the whole time. now i have the top 4 abs.
Then on monday 5/2/2011, I started a 7 week m-lmg/m-drol bridge to epi cycle. put on a 1/2 inch to arms on the 4th day, skin tight.

monday=chest shoulders triceps
tuesday=biceps forearms backwidth backthickness
thursday=calves hams quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeate of tuesdays bodyparts
tuesday-repeat of thursdays bodyparts