Can't feel arms that well - AnabolicMinds.com

Can't feel arms that well

1. New Member
    Answers

Can't feel arms that well

specifically biceps.

I notice only after a little weed, can I feel them. Other than that. normally I don't really feel much in the way of anything when working them out.

Is this normal? suggestions?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Answers

You mean, you don't get sore afterwards?

What does you bicep routine look like?

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

How about doing some compound pulling movements (deadlift, barbell rows, pull-ups) and not spending an absurd amount of time doing bb/db curls, concentration curls, preacher curls, etc.? That's the biggest mistake a newb will make in my opinion. I'll see these kids in my gym spending an hour just working bi's. I find it quite amusing, especially with their 15" guns! LOL

•   

4. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You mean, you don't get sore afterwards?
    Oh I do, and can. But it takes a lot, and this would be spending a lot of time lifting weights with arms that feel for lack of a better word 'numb'. I usually take this to mean my arms are done. and So usually once they feel numb I figure its time to stop working them out.

I like the compound excercise idea though.

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Soreness is not an indicator of a good workout.....that doesn't mean it's bad if you get sore, but can't be used as an indicator.

My bi's and shoulders don't get sore anymore and I'm getting stronger every week and have added over 1" in the last 5 months.

Switch up your routine every once in a while by doing differen't excercises or by simply altering the weight and number of reps.

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  237 lbs.
    Answers

Ok so they're not sore, but are you growing? Mix up your exercises and keep it to failure. Incline bench curls fully supinating the wrists so your little fingers higher than your thumb at the top of the positive should put your bi's in their place. Slow on the negative and flex at the positive too!

7. New Member
    Answers

When I flex, I feel the bicep more at the elbow tip than the bicep head.

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I am a fan of heavy barbell cheat curls for size... done properly, I'm not sure if it's possible to NOT feel those...

9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Make sure you're using proper technique and not just heaving weight around. It's about training muscle, not lifting weight. If you use too much weight, other muscles are going to come into play to help the biceps. You have to find a weight you can use that makes the biceps work as hard as possible without getting help from other muscles. So you may want to decrease the weight you're using and work your way up.

With muscles like biceps you really have to work on establishing "feel." It's the same for any muscle, but biceps really need that full range of motion work to get the best possible shape.

10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero View Post
    Make sure you're using proper technique and not just heaving weight around. It's about training muscle, not lifting weight. If you use too much weight, other muscles are going to come into play to help the biceps. You have to find a weight you can use that makes the biceps work as hard as possible without getting help from other muscles. So you may want to decrease the weight you're using and work your way up.

With muscles like biceps you really have to work on establishing "feel." It's the same for any muscle, but biceps really need that full range of motion work to get the best possible shape.
    This is a really good point, and something that I think a lot of beginners miss. The most important part of training biceps is to focus on isolating them and flexing while you are lifting. It kills me to see people in the gym trying to do dumbbell curls with too much weight and just throwing their elbows out and flailing everywhere as they go up.

Concentration dumbbell curls with your palms facing up and your arms out at a 45 degree angle are a great one for really feeling the muscle contracting. Use a relatively light weight and just focusing on feeling the muscle contract into a peak as you raise the weight up.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. GET BIG ARMS
    By Tex44 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 10:34 PM
  2. BIG ARMS!!!!
    By lift or die in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 12:49 AM
  3. please help with arms
    By aintfrreshazi in forum Exercise Science