Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.23%

in so i remember to do these bad boys!
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.13%

For what it's worth - I started doing these back in January 2010 and I'm pretty certain this was what caused me to develop asthma.
    I know, sounds crazy. Taking the deep breath and then pushing it all out... every last bit while holding in my gut... more and more became harder until I couldn't get a full breath.

It's over a year later and I'm starting to get my breath back with the help of a bronchodilator such as ephedra.

Could be unrelated, though the symptoms came on at the same time.

R
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AtomStrange View Post
    For what it's worth - I started doing these back in January 2010 and I'm pretty certain this was what caused me to develop asthma.
    I know, sounds crazy. Taking the deep breath and then pushing it all out... every last bit while holding in my gut... more and more became harder until I couldn't get a full breath.

It's over a year later and I'm starting to get my breath back with the help of a bronchodilator such as ephedra.

Could be unrelated, though the symptoms came on at the same time.

R
    I'm not disregarding your post or anything but if that's the case that stomach vacuums can develop asthma then what about Shawn Ray, Arnold and other pro's who had competed for years perhaps decades doing them? Training the transverse abdominus shouldn't have any negative affect considering it supports the spine. Doesn't make that much sense to me
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.13%

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    I'm not disregarding your post or anything but if that's the case that stomach vacuums can develop asthma then what about Shawn Ray, Arnold and other pro's who had competed for years perhaps decades doing them? Training the transverse abdominus shouldn't have any negative affect considering it supports the spine. Doesn't make that much sense to me
    I completely agree with you. Just seemed odd that I started this around the same time the asthma kicked in. I remember pushing every last bit of air from my lungs and then holding... then again. Seemed over the next few weeks/months I wasn't able to take as deep a breath.

I know it's proven and sworn by many, so my experience may be completely unrelated... To me though, it's partially a breathing exercise which could have played a part.

I dunno though...
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Quote Originally Posted by AtomStrange View Post
    I completely agree with you. Just seemed odd that I started this around the same time the asthma kicked in. I remember pushing every last bit of air from my lungs and then holding... then again. Seemed over the next few weeks/months I wasn't able to take as deep a breath.

I know it's proven and sworn by many, so my experience may be completely unrelated... To me though, it's partially a breathing exercise which could have played a part.

I dunno though...
    You know that could be the cause of it and you may be unlucky. Either way it's a shame that happened to you. I'll come back to this thread and update how i feel to help anyone else out who's interested in the stomach vacuum.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.26%

I have been doing these for about 3 months now, 3-4 days a week and I have noticed the gut coming in some. I only hold for 10 seconds though, and then slowly release.

Ironically enough, I was reading the remark about sexual improvement and just the other day the woman was talking to me and said "am I doing something wrong, its taking you quiet a bit longer to cum"
    Never did I think it would be from this, but I guess that could be it.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.59%

These do not cause asthma lol they just caused you to realize that you have it. You will always have it and it will most likely get worse with age. I have it too. Doing regular cardio helps out. Especially training in higher altitudes. People don't even realize that I have it.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post
    I have been doing these for about 3 months now, 3-4 days a week and I have noticed the gut coming in some. I only hold for 10 seconds though, and then slowly release.

Ironically enough, I was reading the remark about sexual improvement and just the other day the woman was talking to me and said "am I doing something wrong, its taking you quiet a bit longer to cum"
    *Looks at avi pic* haha
    Vacuums FTW!!
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I am still doing these its been 5 weeks now. I took a deload week on them.

Now I am up to 40 seconds in the seated position. Next week is 60 seconds.

My stomach looks leaner; although I have been losing some bodyfat, and I can control it much more. Its more about control than anything
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I am still doing these its been 5 weeks now. I took a deload week on them.

Now I am up to 40 seconds in the seated position. Next week is 60 seconds.

My stomach looks leaner; although I have been losing some bodyfat, and I can control it much more. Its more about control than anything
    I agree same here, At first i had a hard time just blowing out enough air and now i just want to try getting the upper part of my abdomen in so it looks more dramatic.
    Like Lee Haney this IMO is perfect vacuum

http://athlete.ru/fotos/profi/lee_ha..._haney_007.jpg

And don't forget the man himself Frank Zane

http://cdn.healthhabits.ca/wp-conten...frank-zane.jpg
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Arnold did them as well. maybe not as extreme as Zane, still good though

YouTube - ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER - 1970 Mr. World Posing Routine
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Arnold did them as well. maybe not as extreme as Zane, still good though

YouTube - ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER - 1970 Mr. World Posing Routine
    God he's so wide it's crazy!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.03%

Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post

I have been doing them as well and I have noticed slight increases, but who knows right? I will continue regardless because I would like the tucked in gut that it is said to improve

So far I have indeed noticed my stomach is a LOT flatter than it used to. It now sits about 2 inches further back than my chest, which is not a common occurrence for me.

Fun fact: I did some Stomach Vacuums yesterday during my morning shower. Then at the gym I did some along with my ab workout session and was holding them for longer. Ended up doing about 6 sets I guess yesterday, 3 of them laying down and for 30 seconds; my legs were going WIIIILD. And I mean WILD. They were shaking SO BAD during the last few seconds it was crazy. Also, my ball to ass muscle was getting worked too (as expected I guess) and, get this, today I woke up and my B-T-A muscle was actually SORE It literally feels a little tighter today and I feel kinda the muscle soreness that I generally would in my abs, just right behind my balls.

Well, I guess I will continue doing these. Right?
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Getting really good at these, i was doing them wrong initially, What i would do is pull my lower abdomen in but now i learned how to pull the upper part near the ribcage in and it makes it a lot more dramatic. It's a lot harder than pulling the lower part in but it looks wicked as hell!
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.77%

Great info here.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.06%

still doing them here doing the 60 second holds -seated. It seems to be making a noticeable difference.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

So its been about a week since i started doing these really good and even with some fat left on me you can really see the pose. At the end of this Primordial Performance Andromass contest i'll be posting some pic's including one with a vacuum pose so you can see!
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.48%

will be interesting to see how these turn out..
    alot harder than i thought, as of now i can only go about 10 seconds before i have to breathe and it feels far less effective.

my gut is something ive been struggling with, ive droped 30lbs of fat since i quit drinking last year and feel im somewhat lean but that god damn gut..wtf

anyone have any other advice on losing my gut (diet and cardio kept to a minimum as im on a superdrol cycle atm) is bulking and recomp on my belly even possible??haha **** idunno
  20. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    will be interesting to see how these turn out..
    alot harder than i thought, as of now i can only go about 10 seconds before i have to breathe and it feels far less effective.

my gut is something ive been struggling with, ive droped 30lbs of fat since i quit drinking last year and feel im somewhat lean but that god damn gut..wtf

anyone have any other advice on losing my gut (diet and cardio kept to a minimum as im on a superdrol cycle atm) is bulking and recomp on my belly even possible??haha **** idunno
    If you want to lose your "gut", then you have to get LEANER. If you're bulking in a traditional manner, then you're not going to lose your "gut" or recomp either, for that matter. Fat loss is going to primarily depend on your NUTRITION (and training), so you have to make sure that your diet is targeted at fat loss for YOU if you want any "problem areas" (i.e. usually the place your body loses bodyfat from LAST) to lose bodyfat. You could try building the muscle mass up in your midsection, so that when you DO lose that bodyfat, your abs look decent.

PS. This is jut my opinion, but there's no reason for you to be using hormonals at your current body mass in order to GAIN MUSCLE MASS if you're EATING AND TRAINING properly for gains.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.48%

sound advice Rosie..much appreciated.
    thats kind of what i was thinking, but like you mentioned if i continue abdominal exercises, by the time i aim for fat loss ill have something decent to work with..

as far as ph/ds, i see where you're coming from but i'm using it as a jump start and will continue a good diet and training to maintain and further build. i dont plan on running another cycle anytime soon. next sumer would be the earliest i would consider the idea, if ever

Similar Forum Threads

1. Man caught in vacuum sex act gets 90 days
    By EasyEJL in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM
  2. Vacuum in HCG bottle?
    By b4554 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 09:58 AM
  3. Ab vacuum
    By khan8 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16