No muscular pain after training :S

FittTitt

Awards
Hey guys i just wanted to ask this question as it has only recently started happening. After tough workouts i would normally feel some sort of muscular pain the day or to afterwords namely my chest but the past two weeks i have felt no muscular pain the days following chest day it feels more like fatigue like the muscle is tired. All my other muscles get the pain and i am definatley giving my chest a hard workout to the point were i can almost lift no more and have to get a spotter to help squeeze out the last few reps. Do you guys know what would be up, im not really complaining its just im scared that im not going to get results because i don't feel as though ive worked it out hard enough. Thanks in advance.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about this. Some workouts will make you sore and some will not. It just depends on what you're used to, more than anything. Focus more on whether or not you're improving and less on how it feels. Personally, I'd rather not be sore if I can get good results and avoid it.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Time to change up the workout a little. Your muscles have adapted to the stresses you put it under so it needs something different. Try going to DB's instead of a bar or vice versa for a couple of workouts and you should be sore again.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
No Pain, No Gain ?? Nahh.....

As previous poster said... focus more on your progress, less on how it feels..
So keep adding weight/reps/intensity and keep up the quality food to help out with recovery.. As long as you have that under control, it's hard NOT to make progress if you ask me..

FittTitt

Awards
Thanks guys, i think i will change the routine a bit, i tend to do flat bench with a bar and do my inlcines and declines with db

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't confuse soreness with progress. I could make it a point to make myself sore after training but it wouldn't mean I was training properly. Usually the only way I get sore is if I do a really heavy workout, most leg workouts, an exercise I haven't done in a looong time, or training after I've taken a break. For example, I could train my arms for an hour solid (I don't, by the way) using heavy weight, supetsets, the works, and the next day they really wouldn't be sore.

If you get sore, you get sore, but don't train to get sore. Nailed it.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
Time to change up the workout a little. Your muscles have adapted to the stresses you put it under so it needs something different. Try going to DB's instead of a bar or vice versa for a couple of workouts and you should be sore again.
^ This! Sounds like a plateau may have been reached switch things up .

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't confuse soreness with progress. I could make it a point to make myself sore after training but it wouldn't mean I was training properly. Usually the only way I get sore is if I do a really heavy workout, most leg workouts, an exercise I haven't done in a looong time, or training after I've taken a break. For example, I could train my arms for an hour solid (I don't, by the way) using heavy weight, supetsets, the works, and the next day they really wouldn't be sore.

If you get sore, you get sore, but don't train to get sore. Nailed it.
Agreed.

Delaying onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is not an indicator of growth.

its an indicator of an unfamiliar stimuli causing severe trauma to the muscle cells.

Do a different workout each session and you will be sore. But this does not mean the muscles have been overloaded and will grow.

For the muscles to grow you need overload. This means either slowly increasing the weight over a period or time, of the sets or the intensity, etc.

If the weight you are using in the exercise is increasing every 1-4 sessions (ie: you are getting stronger), then there isn't much need to make drastic changes. however, if the weight you are using is not increasing, then you have plateaued and should change rep ranges, sets, exercises or all.

Also, not being able to lift your arms at the end of a session does not indicate overload. It indicates fatigue, and possibly a longer recovery time, thus less growth.

Do enough to overload and stop. Go home, eat rest, repeat.

Br

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Dont really feel it very often anymore but it never bothers me, as said not an important thing. if you want to be sore after a workout hit yourself a few times (kidding)