Biceps shutdown beginning of WO.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was suppose to be an off day but found myself home alone and made it an arms day. Started off with preacher curls. I did 1 warmup set, then got after it. In the middle of my 3rd set I just couldn't move the weight. There was no burning, no pain, just nothing at all. I put the bar down, waited 3 minutes and tried again. Same thing happened. I haven't trained biceps in over a week. I can't figure this out because my tricep wo was great. Was able to complete all sets and felt the burning. Any ideas???

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Could be some nerve thing or golgi tendon

syphon80

Awards
Interested in knowing what this is also, I have experienced this once before. Although it went away, the next Bi wo.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
I just had this happen.. today is a chest and bicep day.. I went to do my usual lifts.. had to do it out of order today and when I did my concentration curl my bicep failed on a dumbell 10lbs lighter(warm up set) than the failure set's.. thought wtf? but kept going.. I forced through it with the same weight for my working set because even 5lbs heavier wouldn't ****ing move.. went to do straight bar curls and it worked semi ok.. but then I kicked it up and did forced reps to kick the muscles ass.. hopefully it learned :p.. but seriously... am I plateauing? or something weird is going on.. it messed up the whole day of lifting for me..

on a plus side it was the most insane pump I've ever gotten in my biceps..

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
anyone have a clue about why this could happen?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
lol, I forgot I had posted this, it just happened the one time. The next week when I worked bi's, all was good. I have no clue what happened.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
well.. I hope that this is the case with me as well..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
DemntedCowboy Natural Bodybuilding 83
enhanced Anabolics 11
u_e_s_i Training Forum 28
u_e_s_i Training Forum 13